MT5 Bug? Or just unclear?

Use Case: I'm trading FOREX and BTC on demo account

Short at $xx382 and SHOCKINGLY my stop-loss triggered at $xx448 when the price on the charts never reached above xx417.  Literally the price action line printed by MT5 stops about an inch below my stop on the screen and there is just a ghost arrow printed above the chart, floating in spite of all reality.  

Why/how can this happen? how can I prevent it?  I feel cheated and confused.  I've never experienced this using any other platform or software.  Are SL really subject to floating spreads like this? How can I account for this? Would using BUY Limit Order work better than a STOP? 

Seems <Deleted> - no one hit my order - they just closed it.

Thanks

G Wills:

Use Case: I'm trading FOREX and BTC on demo account

Short at $xx382 and SHOCKINGLY my stop-loss triggered at $xx448 when the price on the charts never reached above xx417.  Literally the price action line printed by MT5 stops about an inch below my stop on the screen and there is just a ghost arrow printed above the chart, floating in spite of all reality.  

Why/how can this happen? how can I prevent it?  I feel cheated and confused.  I've never experienced this using any other platform or software.  Are SL really subject to floating spreads like this? How can I account for this? Would using BUY Limit Order work better than a STOP? 

Seems <Deleted> - no one hit my order - they just closed it.

Thanks

The answer is spread, during day change spread climbs to very high levels, especially in instruments like BTC.

So, a normal 10-30 points spread can climb up to 100-300 points for the period around the new day's beginning.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The answer is spread, during day change spread climbs to very high levels, especially in instruments like BTC.

So, a normal 10-30 points spread can climb up to 100-300 points for the period around the new day's beginning.

Thanks for verifying.   I'll have to be extra vigilant. 

Good trading to you!

Reason: