Stop Loss Glitch?

Seems like I got stopped out when the price didn't hit that level. I'm wondering if this is a glitch or if I did something wrong.

Thoughts?

(screenshot attached)

Files:
Untitled.jpg  443 kb

Dianne Lam:

Seems like I got stopped out when the price didn't hit that level. I'm wondering if this is a glitch or if I did something wrong.

Thoughts?

(screenshot attached)

Its the spread, charts show the bid price.

The difference between the candlestick high and the SL is 9.8 pips. The spread for this pair have been floating between 3.5 - 4.5 pips.

I'm not sure if this is related, but my candlesticks open/close have gaps. 

Attached is another screenshot.

Files:
Untitled2.jpg  421 kb

Diane L:

The difference between the candlestick high and the SL is 9.8 pips. The spread for this pair have been floating between 3.5 - 4.5 pips.

I'm not sure if this is related, but my candlesticks open/close have gaps. 

Attached is another screenshot.

CADJPY has very large spread, the 3.5-4.5 floating is a median but has a lot of spikes.

You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid.

1. Your buy order's TP/SL (or Sell Stop's/Sell Limit's entry) are triggered when the Bid / OrderClosePrice reaches it. Using the Ask±n, makes your SL shorter and your TP longer, by the spread. Don't you want the specified amount used in either direction?

2. Your sell order's TP/SL (or Buy Stop's/Buy Limit's entry) will be triggered when the Ask / OrderClosePrice reaches it. To trigger at a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
              MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #25

3. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options (control+O) → charts → Show ask line.)
    Most brokers with variable spread widen considerably at end of day (5 PM ET) ± 30 minutes. My GBPJPY (OANDA) shows average spread = 26 points, but average maximum spread = 134.

Reason: