Stop Loss Glitch?

To add comments, please log in or register
Diane L
Diane L  

Seems like I got stopped out when the price didn't hit that level. I'm wondering if this is a glitch or if I did something wrong.

Thoughts?

(screenshot attached)

Files:
Untitled.jpg 443 kb
Juvenille Emperor Limited
Eleni Anna Branou  
Dianne Lam:

Seems like I got stopped out when the price didn't hit that level. I'm wondering if this is a glitch or if I did something wrong.

Thoughts?

(screenshot attached)

Its the spread, charts show the bid price.

Diane L
Diane L  

The difference between the candlestick high and the SL is 9.8 pips. The spread for this pair have been floating between 3.5 - 4.5 pips.

I'm not sure if this is related, but my candlesticks open/close have gaps. 

Attached is another screenshot.

Files:
Untitled2.jpg 421 kb
Juvenille Emperor Limited
Eleni Anna Branou  
Diane L:

The difference between the candlestick high and the SL is 9.8 pips. The spread for this pair have been floating between 3.5 - 4.5 pips.

I'm not sure if this is related, but my candlesticks open/close have gaps. 

Attached is another screenshot.

CADJPY has very large spread, the 3.5-4.5 floating is a median but has a lot of spikes.

William Roeder
William Roeder  

You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid.

1. Your buy order's TP/SL (or Sell Stop's/Sell Limit's entry) are triggered when the Bid / OrderClosePrice reaches it. Using the Ask±n, makes your SL shorter and your TP longer, by the spread. Don't you want the specified amount used in either direction?

2. Your sell order's TP/SL (or Buy Stop's/Buy Limit's entry) will be triggered when the Ask / OrderClosePrice reaches it. To trigger at a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
              MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #25

3. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options (control+O) → charts → Show ask line.)
    Most brokers with variable spread widen considerably at end of day (5 PM ET) ± 30 minutes. My GBPJPY (OANDA) shows average spread = 26 points, but average maximum spread = 134.

To add comments, please log in or register