Develop function iRSI multitimeframes

Hi everybody,

I try to develop in MQL5 a function multi iRSI, i wish send in a parameter the TimeFrame for calculate and this return the value. I have this example but i need write a function for each timeframe, it's not practique. How i develop just a function multi time frames?

double CalculateRSIByPeriod_M1(int CalculateRSIAveragePeriod = 14)
   {
      double myRSIArray[];
      ArraySetAsSeries(myRSIArray, true);
      int myRSIDefinition = iRSI(_Symbol, PERIOD_M1, CalculateRSIAveragePeriod, PRICE_CLOSE);
      CopyBuffer(myRSIDefinition, 0, 1, 3, myRSIArray);
      double myRSIValue = NormalizeDouble(myRSIArray[0],2);
      return  myRSIValue; 
   }

double CalculateRSIByPeriod_M5(int CalculateRSIAveragePeriod = 14)
   {
      double myRSIArray[];
      int myRSIDefinition = iRSI(_Symbol, PERIOD_M5, CalculateRSIAveragePeriod, PRICE_CLOSE);
      double myRSIValue = NormalizeDouble(myRSIArray[0],2);
      return  myRSIValue; 
   }

If somebody need the code is this:

input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES RSI_TimeFrame             = PERIOD_M15; // TimeFrame for RSI

double CalculateRSIByPeriod(ENUM_TIMEFRAMES Period_ = PERIOD_CURRENT, int CalculateRSIAveragePeriod = 14)
   {
      double      myRSIArray[];
      int         myRSIDefinition      = iRSI(_Symbol, Period_, CalculateRSIAveragePeriod, PRICE_CLOSE);
      double      myRSIValue           = NormalizeDouble(myRSIArray[0],2);
      return      myRSIValue; 
   }

double RSIValue               = CalculateRSIByPeriod(RSI_TimeFrame, RSI_Period);

In MQL5, the indicator handle MUST BE CREATED ONCE - IN OnInit ().

You create indicator handles haphazardly and repeatedly. It is unacceptable. This is a gross mistake.

You need to do this: determine the parameters and timeframes of the RSI indicators - and create all indicators in OnInit. And only then, in your custom function, use CopyBuffer .

Documentation on MQL5: Timeseries and Indicators Access / CopyBuffer
Documentation on MQL5: Timeseries and Indicators Access / CopyBuffer
  • www.mql5.com
Counting of elements of copied data (indicator buffer with the index buffer_num) from the starting position is performed from the present to the past, i.e., starting position of 0 means the current bar (indicator value for the current bar). When copying the yet unknown amount of data, it is recommended to use a dynamic array as a buffer[]...

How to start with MQL5
How to start with MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
This thread discusses MQL5 code examples. There will be examples of how to get data from indicators, how to program advisors...
Reason: