Terminal Global variables

Hello, I hope everyone is keeping safe and well. I have written an EA which uses Terminal global variables. What happens to these variables when you migrate the EA to a VPS with "migrate all" option? I am guessing the variables get copied to the VPS along with the Terminal. My question is if I update my EA and do a "migrate all" again, do the variable values on the VPS get overwritten by the new values from the local terminal?

Khima Hathia Gorania:
Hello, I hope everyone is keeping safe and well. I have written an EA which uses Terminal global variables. What happens to these variables when you migrate the EA to a VPS with "migrate all" option? I am guessing the variables get copied to the VPS along with the Terminal. My question is if I update my EA and do a "migrate all" again, do the variable values on the VPS get overwritten by the new values from the local terminal?

As I understand it form  https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/994 Global variable values are NOT migrated from the terminal...

Terminal global variables are not migrated to the virtual hosting. If you need to initialize lots of variables when starting a program, you can use reading from files that can be passed using the "#property tester_file" directive.

Documentation on MQL5: Global Variables of the Terminal
Documentation on MQL5: Global Variables of the Terminal
  • www.mql5.com
Global variables are kept in the client terminal for 4 weeks since the last access, then they will be deleted automatically. An access to a global variable is not only setting of a new value, but reading of the global variable value, as well.
Reason: