Get object name of the last clicked object

hello everyone ,
is there any way to get the name of the object that was clicked most recently ?
i have too many objects on chart and i want to save the name of the last clicked object into a variable , is there any way to accomplish that ?

Yes there is.

Use OnChartEvent()

Keith Watford:
Use OnChartEvent()

i know it can be achieved via OnChartEvent() but what i dont know is the function that can get the name of the object 

Marco vd Heijden:
Yes there is.

would you mind sharing which function can be used to get the name of the object ?

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| ChartEvent function                                              |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
void OnChartEvent(const int id,         // Event identifier  
                  const long& lparam,   // Event parameter of long type
                  const double& dparam, // Event parameter of double type
                  const string& sparam  // Event parameter of string type
                  )
  {
//--- the left mouse button has been pressed on the chart
   if(id==CHARTEVENT_CLICK)
     {
      Print("The coordinates of the mouse click on the chart are: x = ",lparam,"  y = ",dparam);
     }
//--- the mouse has been clicked on the graphic object
   if(id==CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK)
     {
      Print("The mouse has been clicked on the object with name '"+sparam+"'");
     }
//--- the key has been pressed
   if(id==CHARTEVENT_KEYDOWN)
     {
      switch(lparam)
        {
         case KEY_NUMLOCK_LEFT:  Print("The KEY_NUMLOCK_LEFT has been pressed");   break;
         case KEY_LEFT:          Print("The KEY_LEFT has been pressed");           break;
         case KEY_NUMLOCK_UP:    Print("The KEY_NUMLOCK_UP has been pressed");     break;
         case KEY_UP:            Print("The KEY_UP has been pressed");             break;
         case KEY_NUMLOCK_RIGHT: Print("The KEY_NUMLOCK_RIGHT has been pressed");  break;
         case KEY_RIGHT:         Print("The KEY_RIGHT has been pressed");          break;
         case KEY_NUMLOCK_DOWN:  Print("The KEY_NUMLOCK_DOWN has been pressed");   break;
         case KEY_DOWN:          Print("The KEY_DOWN has been pressed");           break;
         case KEY_NUMPAD_5:      Print("The KEY_NUMPAD_5 has been pressed");       break;
         case KEY_NUMLOCK_5:     Print("The KEY_NUMLOCK_5 has been pressed");      break;
         default:                Print("Some not listed key has been pressed");
        }
      ChartRedraw();
     }
//--- the object has been deleted
   if(id==CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DELETE)
     {
      Print("The object with name ",sparam," has been deleted");
     }
//--- the object has been created
   if(id==CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CREATE)
     {
      Print("The object with name ",sparam," has been created");
     }
//--- the object has been moved or its anchor point coordinates has been changed
   if(id==CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DRAG)
     {
      Print("The anchor point coordinates of the object with name ",sparam," has been changed");
     }
//--- the text in the Edit of object has been changed
   if(id==CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_ENDEDIT)
     {
      Print("The text in the Edit field of the object with name ",sparam," has been changed");
     }
  }

umer0166:

i know it can be achieved via OnChartEvent() but what i dont know is the function that can get the name of the object 

OnChartEvent() IS the function.

Read the documentation.

Keith Watford:

OnChartEvent() IS the function.

Read the documentation.

i know its a function and i know this function handles the events related to chart and i know how to detect the mouse click on chart or on an object , i have done so previously , where i was using the object name 
but in this situation i didnt know how to get the name of the object that is clicked 

Marco vd Heijden:

thanks a bunch , i didnt knew it can be achieved via "sparam" i new its a sting parameter but didnt knew its can give the name of the object , curse of being ignorant i guess

Reason: