Experts: custom trail-stop by MA

custom trail-stop by MA:

this is my first try at creating an EA from ground up

Author: scur

hello sir,

good day

how the indicator work

as i said in description, the EA only trail (adjust the stop-loss line) the positions that are opened by user/other means

the functionality is quite simple

the only problem is finding the appropriate settings for the MA, that can be achieved by attaching the MA indicator to your currency pair and time-frame, and changing it's value until you get the line you think is the best for you

once you do that, insert the values in the trail MA settings, set the rest of the options to your liking, and it will trail your positions for that currency pair

***** PLEASE NOTE: the default values are adjusted for M1 time-frame, as is the easiest way i got for testing it's workings, but it works in all time-frames *****

an example:

• you open a position
  • until it reaches the MA line it trails the price, using the variable points behind price to trail on negative
  • if the MA line was not reached, and has points behind price to trail on positive  difference from current price, uses that distance to trail
  • when SL reach the MA line it will trail by it's value

i am making some final tests to a new version of the EA, and will post it later. it is going to correct quite a few mistakes that where identified

hope it helps, if you still got any questions i will gladly respond to them

Hi

Thanks a lot for your time .. It is really a nice and clean code.

Kind regards,

Dinna

Reason: