Bug or normal behavior?

let's Do the followings steps:

-Open EURUSD for example and put some indicators. After that save the template as BB.tpl

-Create an indicator with name BB.
Run the strategy manager for BB. the template BB will be used. 

is it normal?

Marco Montemari:

let's Do the followings steps:

-Open EURUSD for example and put some indicators. After that save the template as BB.tpl

-Create an indicator with name BB.
Run the strategy manager for BB. the template BB will be used. 

is it normal?

Yes.

And documented, but who reads the documentation.

Strategy Testing - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
Strategy Testing - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Strategy Tester allows you to test and optimize trading strategies (Expert Advisors) before using them for live trading. During testing, an Expert Advisor with initial parameters is once run on history data. During optimization, a trading strategy is run several times with different sets of parameters which allows selecting the most...

The template ordering for new charts is «EAname».tpl, (if tester) tester.tpl, (if offline chart) offline.tpl, and Default.tpl.

Alain Verleyen:

Yes.

And documented, but who reads the documentation.

Oh yes I found.

Usually you need something so you can go to look for it. But when something happens and you do not expect it is different. It took a while to recognize that the 4 empty indicators shown it was because there was a match with a model...
Anyway thanks. ;)

Marco Montemari:

Oh yes I found.

Usually you need something so you can go to look for it. But when something happens and you do not expect it is different. It took a while to recognize that the 4 empty indicators shown it was because there was a match with a model...
Anyway thanks. ;)

That's why you need to read the documentation BEFORE you need it (and of course it's also a continuous process).

Alain Verleyen:
That's why you need to read the documentation BEFORE you need it (and of course it's also a continuous process).

I should, as everybody should...but as you say nobody does (me included) :\

Marco Montemari:

I should, as everybody should...but as you say nobody does (me included) :\

I know at least one person doing it.
Reason: