cant upload my EA into MT4

I have an EA file (ex4) however I cant move it onto MT4. it wont show when I try to move and when I go to open the file it comes up with places it tries to open in (internet explorer, MT4 platform etc.) but just fails and puts me back at square one. the file is different to other EAs that are already in the MT4 platform and im new to all of this as well so its extremely difficult to understand what I need to do accordingly.

Kieranstuthridge: I have an EA file (ex4) however I cant move it onto MT4. it wont show when I try to move …
  1. Can't move it is meaningless. Is your mouse broken, your screen dark, or disk full?

"Doesn't work" is meaningless — just like saying the car doesn't work. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires — meaningless.

Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.

With the information you've provided — we can only guess. And you haven't provided any information for that.

2. Do or do not, there is no try. If you don't do it right, of course it won't show.

3. You don't open it, you put it on a chart.

4. Open the Data folder and then move it to the correct sub-folder. Then open Navigator (Control+N) → Right Click → Refresh.
              Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles 2014.02.03

Reason: