MT5 services

Hi, folks.

I'm new here and have been reading a lot about EA development, but couldn't find much material about Services development.

Can I develop a Service that perform trades? My idea is to read multiple symbols, make some calculation and perform trade with it. As far as I could figure out, EAs perform trades on only one symbol (the one present in MT5 chart).

Is it possible (multiple symbols, calculations, etc)?

Thanks!

lucasrfs:

Hi, folks.

I'm new here and have been reading a lot about EA development, but couldn't find much material about Services development.

Can I develop a Service that perform trades? My idea is to read multiple symbols, make some calculation and perform trade with it. As far as I could figure out, EAs perform trades on only one symbol (the one present in MT5 chart).

Thanks!

The question is, what is not possible these days....of course you can have a 'Service' but i would call it an expert adviser that trades on multiple symbols,expert advisers are not limited to trade just one symbol...it's just the way they are coded and handle trading operations

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/runtime/running

scroll to the last part to read about MT5 services.

Unlike Expert Advisors, indicators and scripts, services are not bound to a specific chart, 

therefore a separate mechanism is provided to launch them.  

A new service instance is created in the Navigator using the "Add Service" command. 

A service instance can be launched, stopped and removed using the appropriate instance menu. 

To manage all instances, use the service menu.

Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Program Running
Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Program Running
  • www.mql5.com
Each script, each service and each Expert Advisor runs in its own separate thread. All indicators calculated on one symbol, even if they are attached to different charts, work in the same thread. Thus, all indicators on one symbol share the resources of one thread. All other actions associated with a symbol, like processing of ticks and history...

lucasrfs:

Hi, folks.

As far as I could figure out, EAs perform trades on only one symbol (the one present in MT5 chart).

Thanks!

Well you figured out wrong.

Most EA's that i write are multi symbol.

Reason: