'/' - open parenthesis expected Error

Hi everyone, I just started learning how to code yesterday so i'm fairly new to all of this. I'm sorry if this is a stupid mistake but here is the problem i'm trying to solve.

input double MarginPercent=300; //User input for the margin percentage the user wants to trade with
input double MaxOpenTrades=1; //User input for max number of open trades
double MicroLotCost = 1000/AccountLeverage(); //Cost of 0.01 lots
double LotSize = ((((AccountEquity/(MarginPercent/100))/MicroLotCost)/100)/MaxOpenTrades);

When I try compiling this code, I get the error '/' - open parenthesis expected on line 26 column 35, which in this case line 26 is the the last line of code that I provided above. 

TuckusT:

Hi everyone, I just started learning how to code yesterday so i'm fairly new to all of this. I'm sorry if this is a stupid mistake but here is the problem i'm trying to solve.

When I try compiling this code, I get the error '/' - open parenthesis expected on line 26 column 35, which in this case line 26 is the the last line of code that I provided above. 

In your formula, do you intend to use function AccountEquity()? I think that is what the error message is about.

TuckusT:

input double MarginPercent=300; //User input for the margin percentage the user wants to trade with
input double MaxOpenTrades=1; //User input for max number of open trades
double MicroLotCost = 1000/AccountLeverage(); //Cost of 0.01 lots
double LotSize = ((((AccountEquity()/(MarginPercent/100))/MicroLotCost)/100)/MaxOpenTrades);

WindmillMQL:
In your formula, do you intend to use function AccountEquity()? I think that is what the error message is about.
Thank you so much that worked!

Kenneth Parling:

double LotSize = ((((AccountEquity()/(MarginPercent/100))/MicroLotCost)/100)/MaxOpenTrades);
Risk depends on your initial stop loss, lot size, and the value of the symbol. It does not depend on margin and leverage. No SL means you have infinite risk. Never risk more than a small percentage of your trading funds, certainly less than 2% per trade, 6% total.
  1. You place the stop where it needs to be — where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce the stop goes below the support.
  2. AccountBalance * percent/100 = RISK = OrderLots * (|OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * DeltaPerLot + CommissionPerLot) (Note OOP-OSL includes the spread, and DeltaPerLot is usually around $10/pip but it takes account of the exchange rates of the pair vs. your account currency.)
  3. Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerLot and verify that MODE_TICKVALUE is returning a value in your deposit currency, as promised by the documentation, or whether it is returning a value in the instrument's base currency.
              MODE_TICKVALUE is not reliable on non-fx instruments with many brokers - MQL4 programming forum 2017.10.10
              Is there an universal solution for Tick value? - Currency Pairs - General - MQL5 programming forum 2018.02.11
              Lot value calculation off by a factor of 100 - MQL5 programming forum 2019.07.19
  4. You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.
  5. You must also check FreeMargin to avoid stop out

TuckusT:
Great to hear that your problem got solved.

double stopLoss = entryPrice - StopLossPips * Point;

please help me it says ';' - open parenthesis expected line41 column68

King-Tetteh Solomon #:

double stopLoss = entryPrice - StopLossPips * Point;

please help me it says ';' - open parenthesis expected line41 column68

So fix your brackets 
Reason: