virtual server not delivering notifications from my custom indicators

Hi, 

i purchased a virtual server today, I installed and supposedly migrated my indicators into the VS, but i am not getting any push notifications as expected from the VS.

I need help with this as my subscription is running.

Thanks.

WHY ISNT ANYONE PROVIDING ANSWERS TO THIS SERIOUS QUERY?

i HAVE ALSO PURCHASED A NEW VIRTUAL SERVER TODAY EXPECTING MY PUSH NOTIFICATIONS TO COME THROUGH AS STATED IN THE ADS. BUT, I AM GETTING NOTHING...ITS EITHER I HAVE TO TWEAK SOMETHING OR THIS A FRAUD AS INDICATORS NOT SENDING PUSH NOTIFICATIONS AS PROMISED

Documentation on MQL5: Network Functions / SendNotification
Documentation on MQL5: Network Functions / SendNotification
  • www.mql5.com
true if a notification has been successfully sent from the terminal; in case of failure returns false. When checking after a failed push of notification, GetLastError () may return one of the following errors: Strict use restrictions are set for...

KINGS:

Please do not post in Capital letters. It is shouting, arrogant and rude.

This is a users' forum. This is not Metaquotes support, we users cannot always answer every question. Please be polite and somebody that has experienced the issue may be able to help you..

KINGS:

I have politely asked you not to post in capital letters.

I have deleted 2 of your posts in other topics where you have continued to post in capitals.

Do not post in capitals.

Do not flood the forum with multiple posts concerning the same issue.

Keith Watford:

I have deleted 2 of your posts in other topics where you have continued to post in capitals.

Do not post in capitals.

My laptop is usually set to upper case. As you can see even my username is in Upper Case, in case you didnt notice.

Anyway, whats the solution to this issue? As its frustrating to see there is no support desk to help with this and i see a lot of post with no response or answers regarding this same issue. We all paid for the virtual server service and we expect the service to deliver as suggested in the description.

KINGS:

Hi, 

i purchased a virtual server today, I installed and supposedly migrated my indicators into the VS, but i am not getting any push notifications as expected from the VS.

Thanks.

Is it about MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5?

As far as I know - this VPS is maily used for automated trading and signal subscriptions (and it is what we should expect from this VPS).
Yes, some people are using this VPS for push notifications - some of them are sucessful with it, the others - not.
Besides, there are some limitations to use this VPS, for example - any tools will not work in case those tools are using/calling dll for example.

----------------

more information -

1. to make in shorter: post #6

2. quick questions on MQL5 VPS (Syncing and Activations)
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/337526

MQL5 VPS
MQL5 VPS
  • www.mql5.com
VPS issue - After syncing local MT4 terminal with VPS MT4 terminal: On my PC/Laptop the MT4 terminal change the status of the EA that was running...

KINGS:

My laptop is usually set to upper case. As you can see even my username is in Upper Case, in case you didnt notice.

Then please hit the caps lock key before posting in the forum.

KINGS:

Anyway, whats the solution to this issue? As its frustrating to see there is no support desk to help with this and i see a lot of post with no response or answers regarding this same issue. We all paid for the virtual server service and we expect the service to deliver as suggested in the description.

Did you miss my earlier reply?

Keith Watford:

This is a users' forum. This is not Metaquotes support, we users cannot always answer every question. Please be polite and somebody that has experienced the issue may be able to help you..

KINGS:

Hi, 

Thanks.

We couldn't know if we don't see your MQL5 VPS Journals or your indicator's code. Are your indicators MQL5 VPS compatible?

MQL5 VPS does not allow DLL calls, so if they require DLL they will not work properly.

Have you contacted the indicators author/seller or your presume that its MQL5 VPS's fault?

Have you used your indicators locally on your MT4/5 terminal, without MQL5 VPS to check if they work as they should and if they send push notifivations?

KINGS:

Hi, i purchased a virtual server today, I installed and supposedly migrated my indicators into the VS, but i am not getting any push notifications as expected from the VS.
Thanks.

Hi Kings,

Fyi, as I know today, assumed that you're using MT4,
-- push notification will work only when we have logged in MT4 Terminal - Community.

You can please try it.

Maybe you need to find the way how to log in MT4's Community on your current virtual server.
as example for another kind of classic VPS - you can remote the server and set the option in MT4 - Tools - Options - Community.

Kind regards.

Keith Watford:

Do not post in capitals.

you are busy focusing on my upper case.....yet have no solution to the issue!

my upper case, might probably be a cry for help...rather than your analysis of arrogance and rudeness!

Yohana Parmi:

Hi Kings,

Fyi, as I know today, assumed that you're using MT4,
-- push notification will work only when we have logged in MT4 Terminal - Community.

You can please try it.

Maybe you need to find the way how to log in MT4's Community on your current virtual server.
as example for another kind of classic VPS - you can remote the server and set the option in MT4 - Tools - Options - Community.

Kind regards.

Hi Yohana,

Thanks for your prompt response. Yes, I am using MT4. I have entered my log in details in the tools>options>community section also have push notifications enabled with my MQID its all been working fine. I only decided to get a virtual server so I can get notifications whilst my system is off. 

I got my VS via MT4 platform, I have checked all the settings on the left side panel, but nothing to adjust or enter my MQID for push alerts in the VS. its kind a bit frustrating to know I have paid for the service but nothing seem to be happening.

Thanks.

Reason: