Using more than one EA at the same time

Hello,

for my daily trading, I am using one expert advisor as a trade assistant

Calculating the position size and the SL.

Furthermore I am looking for a possibility to additionaly use an ea sending my trades as a signal to a telegram channel. 

I do have for this also an EA, but I can't use them togehter. One is always replacing the other.

Is there any possibility to use them togehter?

Best Regards

deschroe:

Hello,

for my daily trading, I am using one expert advisor as a trade assistant. 

Calculating the position size and the SL.

Furthermore I am looking for a possibility to additionaly use an ea sending my trades as a signal to a telegram channel. 

I do have for this also an EA, but I can't use them togehter. One is always replacing the other.

Is there any possibility to use them togehter?

Best Regards

Of course you can, each one on a different chart.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Of course you can, each one on a different chart.

Not on one chart? I mean it just running in the background

Everything is possible...as you know already only one ea/chart is possible. So make the other one that you intend to use to send signals to telegram channel simply work from another chart (2nd) it's attached to. 

You can easily combine and use two different strategies within the same expert.

Hi dose any one know what the Magic Number is used for ?

@pworsfold #: Hi dose any one know what the Magic Number is used for ?

For many things. For example, to identify a group or basket of trades as belonging to a certain strategy or Expert Advisor (EA) so that if you are running multiple EAs they don't clash and interfere with each other.

Magic number only allows an EA to identify its trades from all others. Using OrdersTotal/OrdersHistoryTotal (MT4) or PositionsTotal (MT5), directly and/or no Magic number/symbol filtering on your OrderSelect / Position select loop means your code is incompatible with every EA (including itself on other charts and manual trading.)
          Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 programming forum (2013)
          PositionClose is not working - MQL5 programming forum (2020)
          MagicNumber: "Magic" Identifier of the Order - MQL4 Articles (2006)
          Orders, Positions and Deals in MetaTrader 5 - MQL5 Articles (2011)
          Limit one open buy/sell position at a time - General - MQL5 programming forum (2022)

You need one Magic Number for each symbol/timeframe/strategy. Trade current timeframe, one strategy, and filter by symbol requires one MN.

Reason: