Issues with BTCUSD on strategy tester

Hi,

When trying to test bitcoin on the strategy tester and regardless of period, time frame or expert tested the whole MT4 application freezes, similarly to when you try to run a program with an infinite loop.

I have already deleted and re-downloaded it and it has not helped.

Has this happened to anyone else or can anyone give advice?

Thanks!

Do you use any indicator? If yes try without indicator.

mt4ski:
Do you use any indicator? If yes try without indicator.

I don't have any indicators running besides the ones encoded in the EA

DiscoveryKidz:

I don't have any indicators running besides the ones encoded in the EA

Okay so you are calling an indicator with iCustom right? Does the problem persist if you don't use it in your code?

mt4ski:

Okay so you are calling an indicator with iCustom right? Does the problem persist if you don't use it in your code?

Sorry let me explain better: I call pre-made indicators (i.e iBands, iRSI etc) and the problem still persists even if I try it on other EA's. It was working a few days ago but only after a certain date of testing, meaning that if I tested from any date before or in March it had the infinite loop like problem somewhere in March and stopped working there and made the MT4 program crash. Now it doesn't work on any time period. Also if I try download/refresh the data in the history center the same inifite loop like problem happens and MT4 eventually crashes as well.

Please provide some code.

DiscoveryKidz:

Sorry let me explain better: I call pre-made indicators (i.e iBands, iRSI etc) and the problem still persists even if I try it on other EA's. It was working a few days ago but only after a certain date of testing, meaning that if I tested from any date before or in March it had the infinite loop like problem somewhere in March and stopped working there and made the MT4 program crash. Now it doesn't work on any time period. Also if I try download/refresh the data in the history center the same inifite loop like problem happens and MT4 eventually crashes as well.

The indicators are not the problem then. If you don't have an infinite loop in your code, I don't know. Have you checked the log for error ? Have you tried testing a short date range with the open price model ? 

mt4ski:

The indicators are not the problem then. If you don't have an infinite loop in your code, I don't know. Have you checked the log for error ? Have you tried testing a short date range with the open price model ? 

The problem seems to be "spreading" as now anytime I even click on the history center button in options it causes MT4 to crash and I'm clueless as to what's causing it

DiscoveryKidz:

The problem seems to be "spreading" as now anytime I even click on the history center button in options it causes MT4 to crash and I'm clueless as to what's causing it

It looks like a problem I have encountered. I bet the problem will go away if you disconnect from Internet. Reinstall MT4. 

mt4ski:

It looks like a problem I have encountered. I bet the problem will go away if you disconnect from Internet. Reinstall MT4. 

I can't reinstall it while disconnected from the internet- it needs wifi to install it. Could it not be because it's a 32 bit application and I have a 64 bit OS? Can't find a 64 bit version

mt4ski:

It did not work unfortunately :( 

Reason: