using .ini file to start the mt4 terminal with a specific account

hello i am using the start.ini file to open the mt4 with Different account details 

the content of the ini file is :

; common settings

Login=2102179493

Password=f5secbf

EnableNews=false

; experts settings 

ExpertsEnable=true

ExpertsDllImport=true

ExpertsExpImport=true

ExpertsTrades=true

and then created a bat file with these commands:
@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\mt4 terminal\terminal.exe" "config/batch run configs/1.txt"

exit
but when i run the .bat file , all it does is launch the mt4 terminal and nothing else , the account is never logged in 

Rio12: i am using the start.ini file to open the mt4 with Different account details
Why complicate things? Just start the terminal with one account. Install a second terminal (in a separate directory) to run a second account.

William Roeder:
Why complicate things? Just start the terminal with one account. Install a second terminal (in a separate directory) to run a second account.

well that will be the ideal choice in average case with  few accounts, but what i am trying requires me to have some level of automation, and in my particular situation it is essential that i have the accounts login via ini file , i have lots of accounts that i need to login and then login another one and then another one and so on and so forth , and logging then in manually takes a lot of time and isnt convenient 

I have tried to search for the start.ini file but to no avail. I have even checked in my data folder. All am finding is the terminal.ini and other .ini files. Where can I find it?

Eve mwanik:
I have tried to search for the start.ini file but to no avail. I have even checked in my data folder. All am finding is the terminal.ini and other .ini files. Where can I find it?

Rio12:

well that will be the ideal choice in average case with  few accounts, but what i am trying requires me to have some level of automation, and in my particular situation it is essential that i have the accounts login via ini file , i have lots of accounts that i need to login and then login another one and then another one and so on and so forth , and logging then in manually takes a lot of time and isnt convenient 

That is the ideal choice for you. It is not "essential". There is no logging in. It is not inconvenient for you.

All you do is start them. Each terminal starts up and logs into its own account all by itself. You do have ToolsOptions (control+O) → Server → Keep personal settings at startup checked, don't you?

why no one gives a straight answer in this forum!!! I am searching for hours and all I see is not related or false answers!!!

I am trying to do the same thing and it is not working!

Let me give the correct answer:

Before

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\mt4 terminal\terminal.exe" "config/batch run configs/1.txt"

exit

After

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\mt4 terminal\terminal.exe" "\config\batch run configs\1.txt"

exit

Yu Pang Chan #: Let me give the correct answer:

Wrong answer. Backslash is an escape character. If you want to insert one you need two.

William Roeder #:

Wrong answer. Backslash is an escape character. If you want to insert one you need two.

Not for a Windows bat file (script).

I didn't check if this user answer is correct though.

Reason: