New Order ticket is grayed out and won't let me put in a new order!

Why can I not make a new order in any of the pairs? My connection is fine, and I have logged in and out again, but it still will not let me order. I do have a demo account but did a dozen orders the other week trying to play through some indicators and nothing was an issue. What's happening?!

BRUKER:
Why can I not make a new order in any of the pairs? My connection is fine, and I have logged in and out again, but it still will not let me order. I do have a demo account but did a dozen orders the other week trying to play through some indicators and nothing was an issue. What's happening?!

Your demo account may have expired, try opening a new one.

When the new order window is greyed out, means that either you are not logged in with a valid account, or your haven't enabled trading for the current one.

i cannot place a demo with either demo or real account with the new order. how do i solve the issue?

kunodan:
i cannot place a demo with either demo or real account with the new order. how do i solve the issue?

Make sure you have enabled the specific symbol you are trying to trade in MT4/5 >> View >> Symbols.

Best ask your broker to assist you.
There could be several reasons. 

No connection
Invalid trade volume
Symbol not tradeable 
Symbol not tradeable hours
Blocked account 
Logged in with investor password 

Michalis Phylactou:
Best ask your broker to assist you.
There could be several reasons. 

No connection
Invalid trade volume
Symbol not tradeable 
Symbol not tradeable hours
Blocked account 
Logged in with investor password 

The last one seems more probable, I always forget that.

why the new order option is grade out in my demo account

elieby:

why the new order option is grade out in my demo account

Check the reasons above.

Reason: