EA System pulling signal from Indicator

Hello, 

I am new and just started coding mql4 EA. I got an indicator mql4 file, using TCCI indicator for drawing lines buy/Sell signal, there are 3 parameters in this indicator. 

I am wondering, can I pull these values into my EA, for buy/sell signal. 

Now, from what I tried, renaming the start() function to as TCCIFunc(), in my EA and then try calling it, using Comment to print the return value.

It return "error array out of range",

any idea how to get SaneFX , Up, and Dn value. 

Please help suggest. 

Thanks.

Use iCustom()

If you want help, post the code that you are having problems with. ( use the code button or Alt+S to paste code ).

In future please post in the correct section

I will move your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

heere I am wondering, can I pull these values into my EA, for buy/sell signal. I tried, …

Don't try to do that. There are no buffers ( "error array out of range",) no IndicatorCounted() or prev_calculated. No way to know if older bars have changed or been added (history update.)

Just get the value(s) of the indicator(s) into EA/indicator (using iCustom) and do what you want with it.

You should encapsulate your iCustom calls to make your code self-documenting.
          Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 programming forum #33 2017.05.23

Keith Watford:

Use iCustom()

If you want help, post the code that you are having problems with. ( use the code button or Alt+S to paste code ).

In future please post in the correct section

I will move your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

Hello Keith, 

Sorry for late replay and thank you for the reply. I shall keep in mind and try not to do such mistake again. 

I have solve the problem already thru some guideline from mql5 forum itself, I just started updated my MQL5 profile, and notice that i posted the message in this forum when I started. 

Have a good day. 

William Roeder:

Don't try to do that. There are no buffers ( "error array out of range",) no IndicatorCounted() or prev_calculated. No way to know if older bars have changed or been added (history update.)

Just get the value(s) of the indicator(s) into EA/indicator (using iCustom) and do what you want with it.

You should encapsulate your iCustom calls to make your code self-documenting.
          Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 programming forum #33 2017.05.23

Hello William , 

Sorry for late replay and thank you for the reply. Appreciated your help. 

I have solve the problem already thru some guideline from mql5 forum itself, I just started updated my MQL5 profile, and notice that i posted the message in this forum when I started. 

Have a good day.

Reason: