How to set leverage in MT4 strategy tester?

Dear experienced traders,

Do you know what is the default leverage when we test in MT4 strategy tester

How to set leverage such as 1:100 in MT4 strategy tester?

* I'm a normal user only use strategy tester to test some product in the market, do not code myself. 

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Sky

Sky L:

* I'm a normal user only use strategy tester to test some product in the market, do not code myself. 

Sky

MT4 tester uses the leverage of the current connected account in your MT4 terminal.

So, if you logged in trading account has a 1:100 leverage, MT4 tester will use 1:100 leverage too. If you logged into a 1:500 account, MT4 tester will use that leverage too.

Thank you for your continuing support, Eleni. 

Sky L:

Sky

Hello,

you can do it programmatically but there are its features, you need to set the maximum possible leverage on the account in advance make a limit on the lot for certain leverage and an add virtual stop out

but in my opinion, this is unnecessary

Pavel Shutovskiy:

Hello,

you can do it programmatically but there are its features, you need to set the maximum possible leverage on the account in advance make a limit on the lot for certain leverage and an add virtual stop out

but in my opinion, this is unnecessary

Thank you so much, Pavel. 

hello, I am also having this problem, during live trading my leverage is 1:1000, but when I tried in strategy tester, because I want to test my ea in previous year. I noticed that the leverage is fixed at 1:100. Is there a way to change it??? because I can't backtest accurately with that. 

FX1 Twin: hello, I am also having this problem, during live trading my leverage is 1:1000, but when I tried in strategy tester, because I want to test my ea in previous year. I noticed that the leverage is fixed at 1:100. Is there a way to change it??? because I can't backtest accurately with that. 
Backtest it against the account you are using for live trading, or request a demo account from the same broker with the same 1:1000 leverage.
Reason: