Can I test 2 EA together in same strategy tester in one terminal?

Dear experienced traders, 

It seems not possible for me... 

Can I test 2 EA together in same strategy tester in one terminal? 

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Sky

why would you do that ?

you can install as many mt4 and/or mt5 on one pc.

Soewono Effendi:
why would you do that ?

Thank you so much, Soewono. 

Because I'm planning to run them together in a same account and I want to know how they effect each other in balance, equity, drow down and open positions. 

Do you know how to test 2 EA together in same strategy tester in one terminal? 

Sky

Soewono Effendi:
why would you do that ?

Maybe I have to mention that I know we can run many terminal together, but because of some other issue I want to run them together in a same terminal and I want to test them together at first. 

Sky

No you cant do that

It would be possible if the EAs were re-written into one EA that trades both strategies... although you'd still only be able to test over one currency pair

Sky L:

Thank you so much, Soewono. 

Because I'm planning to run them together in a same account and I want to know how they effect each other in balance, equity, drow down and open positions. 

Do you know how to test 2 EA together in same strategy tester in one terminal? 

Sky

Hi Sky:

The strategy tester in MT4/MT5 are EA specific.

So I think the others have correctly answered and the answer is "no, you can't test them together at the same time".

However, you can test them individually, and studying the strategy tester reports you can analyze how they are likely to perform when combined.

Actually, you can simply achieve the strategy tester effect in another way:

In one Terminal, open two charts - and load your 2 EAs separately on these charts.

Most importantly, ensure that they have DIFFERENT MAGIC NUMBERS.  EAs tend to handle their individual trades based on magic numbers assigned to the trades.

In this way, you can use one MT4 / MT4 account to operate two strategies - if that is what you're trying to achieve.

Best

alan 

Prabir Paul:
No you cant do that

Thank you, Prabir. 

iRick:
It would be possible if the EAs were re-written into one EA that trades both strategies... although you'd still only be able to test over one currency pair

Thank you, iRick. 

Really good idea! 

alanwee:

Hi Sky:

The strategy tester in MT4/MT5 are EA specific.

So I think the others have correctly answered and the answer is "no, you can't test them together at the same time".

However, you can test them individually, and studying the strategy tester reports you can analyze how they are likely to perform when combined.

Actually, you can simply achieve the strategy tester effect in another way:

In one Terminal, open two charts - and load your 2 EAs separately on these charts.

Most importantly, ensure that they have DIFFERENT MAGIC NUMBERS.  EAs tend to handle their individual trades based on magic numbers assigned to the trades.

In this way, you can use one MT4 / MT4 account to operate two strategies - if that is what you're trying to achieve.

Best

alan 

Thank you so much, alanwee. 

Maybe I have to mention that I know we can run many terminal together, but because of some other issue I want to run them together in a same terminal and I want to test them together at first. 

i have 1 ea calculate the entry point for trades and 1 other ea running trailing stop so i want to backtest them with same chart who can do it

Reason: