MT4 Tester with indicators from different time frames.

Hi,

Kinda stumped on basic question here. Simple though to who knows. In a EA, when you have indicators say one from D1 and a few others in H4 and M30 say as an example. What is the accurate time frame period for the tester to test in? 

In a case like this, what I have been doing is downloading the historical chart (m1) for whatever currency and say based on indicators used in (D1, H4, M30) then been using the highest one (D1) in this example. Can you let me know and so I understand?

Thanks

Everything is made from M1 so H1 is simply made up of 60 M1 candles.

The tester takes price points and then artificially injects ticks in between those price points in the time the candle lives.

You can read more on the subject here

If you want a more accurate representation or correlation between test results and possible results on a live feed then put MT4 to rest and use MT5.(at least for testing your algo)

The Algorithm of Ticks' Generation within the Strategy Tester of the MetaTrader 5 Terminal
The Algorithm of Ticks' Generation within the Strategy Tester of the MetaTrader 5 Terminal
  • www.mql5.com
The MetaTrader 5 terminal contains an integrated development environment for the development of fully automated strategies (trading robots), which can perform trading without any human intervention. Another name for these trading robots is Expert Advisors. Expert Advisors and technical indicators for the MetaTrader 5 terminal are written using...
Reason: