Disable trading programmatically?

I have a indicator which does rule check on trading conditions and gives a "Go" or "No Go". If it gives a "No Go", I want to disable trading by any means in mt5. Is it possible?

thanks
Sach

sachnyc:

I have a indicator which does rule check on trading conditions and gives a "Go" or "No Go". If it gives a "No Go", I want to disable trading by any means in mt5. Is it possible?

thanks
Sachil

do you want to disable trading in an EA, or switch the "AutoTrade button" ?

Jean Francois Le Bas:

do you want to disable trading in an EA, or switch the "AutoTrade button" ?

I want to disable trading in mt5 entirely but any means

sachnyc:

I want to disable trading in mt5 entirely but any means

Close MT5.
Alain Verleyen:
Close MT5.

lol..

Simple method no you can't.


Complex method windows api yes you can click that button do your research on windows api.


Don't want to do the hard work to research and learn post a job in freelance section.

Mahrukh Aleem:

Simple method no you can't.


Complex method windows api yes you can click that button do your research on windows api.


Don't want to do the hard work to research and learn post a job in freelance section.

if there is no standard way of doing it, i will probably skip. thanks for answers

sachnyc:

if there is no standard way of doing it, i will probably skip. thanks for answers

hmm my message disappeared again?

anyway I was writing that you can disable the "Autotrading" button programatically, I did it in a script in MT4 a while ago

I dunno about MT5 though

Jean Francois Le Bas:

hmm my message disappeared again?

anyway I was writing that you can disable the "Autotrading" button programatically, I did it in a script in MT4 a while ago

I dunno about MT5 though

yeah..but that would not disable manual trading

sachnyc:

yeah..but that would not disable manual trading

why do you wanna disable manual trading ? it's not possible

Jean Francois Le Bas:

why do you wanna disable manual trading ? it's not possible

If you had read the topic, you would have seen that the OP wanted to disable ALL trading.

That's why your post was deleted, because the OP had already stated that he didn't just want autotrading disabled.