Different Indicators Parameters to iCustom - page 2

In future, please post in the correct section.

I will move this thread to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

Alain Verleyen:

So you are asking ideas here to sell them on the Market ? loool

Didn't know that this is prohibited, and i've tested and tried alot for days before asking, sorry if it's against the rules.

HANY SAAD SHEHATA ABDELHALIM ABOUBAKR:

Didn't know that this is prohibited, and i've tested and tried alot for days before asking, sorry if it's against the rules.

It is not prohibited, but to me it seems wrong to ask for free help with something that you intend to sell.

Keith Watford:

It is not prohibited, but to me it seems wrong to ask for free help with something that you intend to sell.

didn't think about that before i posted the question sorry if caused discomfort to you guys.

Keith Watford:

Exactly.

HANY SAAD SHEHATA ABDELHALIM ABOUBAKR:

didn't think about that before i posted the question sorry if caused discomfort to you guys.

It's so obvious to me that it seems we are not living in the same world. Senior programmers accumulated dozen of years of knowledge and experience, so it's ok to ask them their help. But then going to sell it, after you get it for free, without even asking them if you can is a very bad practice.

But I believe you when you say you don't have bad intentions. This is nothing personal and you are far from being the only one, it least you said it.

Keith Watford:

Well, actually, it is the same principle of FB. The guy stole someone else's idea and made $billions on it. He didn't sell it to final user per se and he massively upgraded the original idea but still. I don't think that HANY SAAD SHEHATA ABDELHALIM ABOUBAKR will be multibillionaire with such an indicator. People don't always buy indicators on the market even if they are very useful to them. Maybe sometimes if they can be used to create a very profitable strategy but one has to filter non repainting indicators which are so very present on the market and even not for free. I don't intend to take the author of this thread's defence but I don't think this is a big deal especially if his work can be useful for all the community. There are also scammers who publish with cost indicators that exist for free on the market, sometimes without changing a line of code!!!

Anyway, I am also interested in the answer of the question of this thread. Mine wouldn't be to sell first of all because my application to enter the seller community has been rejected... There was an issue with the step of taking the photo of my ID card with my real face next to the ID. After that, I dropped the idea to be part of this community and I publish indicators in ex4 files if the indicator is my own creation, or sometimes in mq4 files if it is a correction of an existing indicator. I do this on another forum and under another username that I will not disclose here for commercial reason (sometimes, they call commercial a simple link on another website even if the file is for free). If necessary, I can give you those informations personnaly, only on request.

So the idea was that I intended to create my own indicator that would display a red and a green buffers on a separate window to underline uptrends and downtrends of a specific indicator that the user will choose in the input parameters window. This way, people can have a clear view on their window of the trends without overcharging the chart window. The user can potentially choose any indicator of his choice : indicator for free (with or without the mq4 file, ex4 file is enough), indicator on the market (free or not free), even not free indicators found on the web. For example, this way, the user can have in separate windows, a Hull Moving Average, a PSAR, BBands, halftrend, supertrend, or any other indicator he wants.

The first element of solution I have found to define the type of the input parameters of iCustom stands in the Custom.mqh file with the MqlParam keyword in this line for example : Initialize(const string symbol,const ENUM_TIMEFRAMES period,const int num_params,const MqlParam &params[])

It seems that MqlParam type is not a type per se but let the interpreter choose the type of variable that fits the most to the parameter. It would be great but where the issue remains is the fact that the compiler gives an error if I have extern MqlParam Variable_1_Value = "0";  for example. ['Variable_1_Value' - objects and arrays are not allowed as inputs.]. That is not being nice. I thought about putting a string as input parameter and giving this input parameter to a MqlParam instead but the issue may remain given that it will probably consider the type of the MqlParam as string even if I put a number in it. Any suggestion is deeply appreciated.

Regards

Reason: