Browser Selection

Hi There

Metatrader opens mailbox and other web links in Internet Explorer. Can I change settings so that these links are opened in Chrome?

JanDayTrader:

Hi There

Metatrader opens mailbox and other web links in Internet Explorer. Can I change settings so that these links are opened in Chrome?

MT4/5 using Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge by default and can't be changed.

Hi Elena, the problem is, that MT5 even in the newest version uses a completely outdated webview of IE / Edge.

So payment via PayPal and Credit Card is NOT possible in MT5 (Signals/EAs)

I wonder how any person on this planet is able to pay by PayPal / Credit Crad when the MT5 webvie is outdated??

Please tell me how to update the MT5 webview.

John Dowe #:

Hi Elena, the problem is, that MT5 even in the newest version uses a completely outdated webview of IE / Edge.

So payment via PayPal and Credit Card is NOT possible in MT5 (Signals/EAs)

I wonder how any person on this planet is able to pay by PayPal / Credit Crad when the MT5 webvie is outdated??

Please tell me how to update the MT5 webview.

MT5 is using your computer's installed Microsoft Internet Explorer/Edge browser to display the Market data, it doesn't load its own, that's why you can't see the Market tab if you don't have these installed in your computer.

Most of MQL5 users are depositing, paying and buying without any problem, so I would concentrate in your local computer for any issues.

My browsers are all up to date. Edge, Firefox and Chrome.

IE is not installed, so it seems the MT5 webview uses Edge.

When opening a signal and select pay by PayPal, it redirects to the PayPal website which says that my browser is outdated.

Same with Credit Card.

Any idea how to update the webview? It doesn't seem to use my up-to-date Edge

John Dowe #: My browsers are all up to date. Edge, Firefox and Chrome. IE is not installed, so it seems the MT5 webview uses Edge. When opening a signal and select pay by PayPal, it redirects to the PayPal website which says that my browser is outdated. Same with Credit Card.Any idea how to update the webview? It doesn't seem to use my up-to-date Edge

Then first logon to the "mql5.com" website via your favourite browser and top-up your MQL5 Community account with PayPal so that you can then carry out the purchase on MetaTrader.

Alternatively carry out the purchase on the "mql5.com" site directly, instead of via MetaTrader. Then return to MetaTrader to set it up.

Thanks Fernando.

Yes, that's the way I do it at the moment. I first top up my MQL5 account and then I pay the signal/EA.

Since 2 years I wasn't able to pay directly via PayPal or Credit Card because the MT5 webview has always been buggy or outdated.

I'm just wondering why they don't fix this bug. 

Probably a lot of users just don't buy anything at all because PayPal and Credit Card doesn't work.

Alternatively carry out the purchase on the "mql5.com" site directly, instead of via MetaTrader. Then return to MetaTrader to set it up.

As for signals, that doesn't seem to work. At least MQL5.com wants to open my MT5 terminal every time I want to subscribe to a signal.

How to subscribe to a signal directly on MQL5.com without using the terminal?

How to automatically re-subcribe to a signal, if PayPal and Credit Card does'nt work because of the outdated webview?

I don't want to top up my MQL5 account every month.

I prefer an automatic payment.

How can I setup PayPal or Credit Card for automatic payment?

Is there a way to do it outside the MT5 terminal in a "real" browser? 

John Dowe #:

How to automatically re-subcribe to a signal, if PayPal and Credit Card does'nt work because of the outdated webview?

I don't want to top up my MQL5 account every month.

I prefer an automatic payment.

How can I setup PayPal or Credit Card for automatic payment?

Is there a way to do it outside the MT5 terminal in a "real" browser? 

Hi is the problem solved. Currently it is 25 march 2024 . I use a VPS server and everything is up-to-date. I can't pay for the signals in MT5

Reason: