Filter results when sorted according to volatility and ATR separately don't match,whereas they should match because ATR is just a mathematical interpretattion of volatility.

I got around 13 results when using a filter on finviz. Then to narrow them down I used volatility filter(abv 5% this week) and ATR filter(over 5) separately on the results. I got 3 results with Volatility filter and 7 with ATR filter but none ot those 3 were in these 7 whereas they should have been because ATR is just a mathematical interpretation of volatility.

Is there any explanation for this where am i falling logically apart?

Pls help.

saurabh suman:

I got around 13 results when using a filter on finviz. Then to narrow them down I used volatility filter(abv 5% this week) and ATR filter(over 5) separately on the results. I got 3 results with Volatility filter and 7 with ATR filter but none ot those 3 were in these 7 whereas they should have been because ATR is just a mathematical interpretation of volatility.

Is there any explanation for this where am i falling logically apart?

Pls help.

most likely the ATR and Volatility filters you refer to are using different formulas - hence different results.

Reason: