Using iCustom with MQL5's Market Indicators

Hi guys,

I'm starting to look into the MQL5 Indicators Market and I would like to implement them in my EAs. Can someone explain the procedure?

Can I call them with iCustom?

I didn't see any of them giving in the description the apropriate iCustom parameters to call the buffers. Some of them have buy/sell signals but how to call them too?

Is there any documentation or tutorial that talks about this subject?

Thanks for your help

Solail

Solail:

Hi guys,

I'm starting to look into the MQL5 Indicators Market and I would like to implement them in my EAs. Can someone explain the procedure?

Can I call them with iCustom?

I didn't see any of them giving in the description the apropriate iCustom parameters to call the buffers. Some of them have buy/sell signals but how to call them too?

Is there any documentation or tutorial that talks about this subject?

Thanks for your help

Solail

you need to ask the sellers as only they will know how they have developed it and if they are using buffer or otherwise..

Thanks for your answer

Well that's too bad. All of the indicators I looked didn't have these indications in their description. That means that we have to contact each of them to get the proper way to work with.

That also means that most of the indicators I bought by manual trader rather than EA builders?!

Open the data window and see if the indicator has values there. Those are buffers.

William Roeder:
Open the data window and see if the indicator has values there. Those are buffers.
Nice idea! I'll try that, thank you!

I get question 

in indicator define like this

//--- indicator buffers 

#property indicator_buffers 6
#property indicator_plots   2
#property indicator_type1   DRAW_COLOR_HISTOGRAM
#property indicator_type2   DRAW_COLOR_LINE
double xx1[];double xx2[];double xx3[];double xx4[];double xx5[];double xx6[];

void OnInit()
{...
//--- indicator buffers mapping
   SetIndexBuffer(0, ExtMacdBuffer, INDICATOR_DATA);
   SetIndexBuffer(1, ExtMacdColorBuffer, INDICATOR_COLOR_INDEX);
   SetIndexBuffer(2, ExtSignalBuffer, INDICATOR_DATA);
   SetIndexBuffer(3, ExtSignalColorBuffer, INDICATOR_COLOR_INDEX);
   SetIndexBuffer(4, ExtFastMaBuffer, INDICATOR_CALCULATIONS);
   SetIndexBuffer(5, ExtSlowMaBuffer, INDICATOR_CALCULATIONS);
}

I only can see 2 buffer in data window ?

Hello,
my English is not good, so I apologize in advance. I need help. I am now studying MQL5. In MQL4, I was able to do what I wanted, but now I’m ignorant. I want to extract the highest and lowest values from the ZigZag index.

In MQL4:
up_buffer = iCustom (_Symbol, 0, "ZigZag", 12,5,3,1,0);
dn_buffer = iCustom (_Symbol, 0, "ZigZag", 12,5,3,2,0);

Does not work in MQL5:

up_buffer = iCustom (_Symbol, PERIOD_CURRENT, ":: Indicators \\ Examples \\ ZigZag.ex5", 12,5,3,1);

dn_buffer = iCustom (_Symbol, PERIOD_CURRENT, ":: Indicators \\ Examples \\ ZigZag.ex5", 12,5,3,2);

ArraySetAsSeries (zz_up_value, true);
ArraySetAsSeries (zz_down_value, true);
CopyBuffer (up_buffer, 0,0,3, zz_up_value);
CopyBuffer (dn_buffer, 0,0,3, zz_down_value);

Up_buffer is always equal to dn_buffer. Why? How can we obtain the data separately?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

In the meantime, I found the answer to my question.

zz_handle = iCustom (_Symbol, PERIOD_CURRENT, ":: Indicators \\ Examples \\ ZigZag.ex5", 12,5,3);

ArraySetAsSeries (zz_up_value, true);
ArraySetAsSeries (zz_down_value, true);
CopyBuffer (up_buffer, 1,0,3, zz_up_value);
CopyBuffer (dn_buffer, 2,0,3, zz_down_value);

In the meantime, I found the answer to my question.

So I got the value of the buffers.

vitya81: In MQL4:
up_buffer = iCustom (_Symbol, 0, "ZigZag", 12,5,3,1,0);
dn_buffer = iCustom (_Symbol, 0, "ZigZag", 12,5,3,2,0);

Zig Zag has two buffers. Their indexes are zero and one.

I have an indicator which I bought ......I want to turn into an EA but I do not have the .mq4 file I want to know if I can still automate it if I don't have the source files.....because I do not know what variables hold the data......I want to know if it is possible....and if possible get guidance to achieving my goal

William Roeder:

How exactly can I get a hold of those buffers? I am trying to call a market indicator by getting a hold of the buffers within the data window but I don't how I can.

Reason: