Account owner's name in strategy tester

Hi,

Is there any way to retrieve the account owner's name in the Strategy Tester when testing EAs?

Running AccountInfoString (ACCOUNT_NAME) in the Strategy Tester returns "Tester" instead of the account owner's name.  I'm running MT5 2361.

Thanks

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The idea of ​​automated trading is appealing by the fact that the trading robot can work non-stop for 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The robot does not get tired, doubtful or scared, it's is totally free from any psychological problems. It is sufficient enough to clearly formalize the trading rules and implement them in the algorithms, and...

Same question 

Luca De Andrea #:
Same question 

What to do ?

No it's not possible, the MT5 Strategy Tester is completely isolated from the "live" account environment.

Alain Verleyen #:

What to do ?

No it's not possible, the MT5 Strategy Tester is completely isolated from the "live" account environment.

Not exactly so. If a user run an optimization, it's possible to obtain live account credentials in OnTesterInit and add an input parameter with them via ParametersSetRange.

Stanislav Korotky #:

Not exactly so. If a user run an optimization, it's possible to obtain live account credentials in OnTesterInit and add an input parameter with them via ParametersSetRange.

And what is a valid reason to do this ?

I don't see one so I didn't want to say here how to do it, which you did.

Alain Verleyen #:

Why not say it?

Dominik Egert #:
Why not say it?
Say what ?

Alain Verleyen #:

I don't know the reason, just the question. If it applies to optimization (which is just my speculation), then I can imagine a scenario that a developer could want to limit possibility of optimization only for predefined user. Then it's suffice to check this matter in OnTesterInit and abort optimization on mismatch - but probably OP did not distinguish the helper EA instance (actually running in the terminal) from EAs being optimized on the tester agents - so he asked about the tester. But actual requirements can be different - I know other people's requirements can look strange, but recognizing them may be illuminative sometimes (even if it's not this time). ;-)