Strategy based on Fundamentals

Does MT5 support strategy based on fundamentals ? if not, when will? thanks.

kwang1:

Does MT5 support strategy based on fundamentals ? if not, when will? thanks.

How can a platform not support some strategy? You can trade using any strategy you want - fundamental, technical, sentimental, random, astrological, etc.

enivid:
How can a platform not support some strategy? You can trade using any strategy you want - fundamental, technical, sentimental, random, astrological, etc.

Is there an official method to get the fundamental data? not via API,DLL,etc

kwang1:

Is there an official method to get the fundamental data? not via API,DLL,etc

for example, How can i get economic calender data?

kwang1:

for example, How can i get economic calender data?

'Events' objects show on the chart which I have read allows you to approach economic releases in a programmatic way directly with MQL5/MT5.

I have not tried hooking into these objects yet -- I didn't see much for documentation when I last studied the standard class CChartObject. However, by using OnChartEvent() and checking further the circumstance CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CHANGE, it seems relatively simple. Get the object type using the id of the object that changed - an object of type "Event" will apparently change when news occurs by outputting the result into description property. ... https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/chartconstants/enum_chartevents

Hope this helps! 

Edit: I just noticed - there doesn't seem to be a way to retrieve the forecast numbers... which throws a wrench in perhaps the most reasonable way to approach news trading. Any comments?

Edit2: If you're not looking to build a program for working with news I apologize. MT5 has added the economic data to the Toolbox window.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events - Documentation on MQL5

Lugner:

'Events' objects show on the chart which I have read allows you to approach economic releases in a programmatic way directly with MQL5/MT5.

I have not tried hooking into these objects yet -- I didn't see much for documentation when I last studied the standard class CChartObject. However, by using OnChartEvent() and checking further the circumstance CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CHANGE, it seems relatively simple. Get the object type using the id of the object that changed - an object of type "Event" will apparently change when news occurs by outputting the result into description property. ... https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/chartconstants/enum_chartevents

Hope this helps! 

Edit: I just noticed - there doesn't seem to be a way to retrieve the forecast numbers... which throws a wrench in perhaps the most reasonable way to approach news trading. Any comments?

Edit2: If you're not looking to build a program for working with news I apologize. MT5 has added the economic data to the Toolbox window.

Can MetaQuotes give us some examples?

s-LastPinkEventDate
  • votes: 3
  • Alexander P. (FinGeR) | English Russian Spanish Portuguese
  • www.mql5.com
Since Terminal build 344 added display of economic calendar news using special graphical objects (OBJ_EVENT). A script that outputs as a demonstration of the Economic Calendar with current economic data, the date of the last major (Pink) event.

MQL functions for access to economic calendar events (especially date or priority or currency or its values) - this would definitely improve possibilities of news trading and/or would make avoiding EA trading during news much easier 

Reason: