Notification alerts

Hi all,

I wanted to pick your brains.. I set up notification alerts for my mobile app and tested it and it all worked fine on Thursday evening, I had the laptop open and was getting the alerts through on to my phone, however on Friday I went to work expecting the alerts to come through but I didn’t receive any, I had put my laptop on sleep mode before I left for work.

I then came home and opened my laptop and loaded up the MT4 platform and tested the alerts and it worked, I left the laptop open with the MT4 platform running and I set some alerts and I received those. I'm baffled as when the platform was running on the laptop the alerts came through but when laptop was in sleep mode I received nothing.

Do I have to have the MT4 platform running on the laptop at all times to get alerts to my phone, or should they still work even when the MT4 platform on the laptop is shut down or the laptop is in sleep mode? 

shaf01:

Do I have to have the MT4 platform running on the laptop at all times to get alerts to my phone

Yes

Keith Watford:

Yes

What if I used a virtual server?

shaf01:

Hi all,

I wanted to pick your brains.. I set up notification alerts for my mobile app and tested it and it all worked fine on Thursday evening, I had the laptop open and was getting the alerts through on to my phone, however on Friday I went to work expecting the alerts to come through but I didn’t receive any, I had put my laptop on sleep mode before I left for work.

I then came home and opened my laptop and loaded up the MT4 platform and tested the alerts and it worked, I left the laptop open with the MT4 platform running and I set some alerts and I received those. I'm baffled as when the platform was running on the laptop the alerts came through but when laptop was in sleep mode I received nothing.

Do I have to have the MT4 platform running on the laptop at all times to get alerts to my phone, or should they still work even when the MT4 platform on the laptop is shut down or the laptop is in sleep mode? 

Yes u have to always have ur mt4 running and since u can't keep ur laptop running 24/7, rent a VPS. It kind of clone ur laptop and gives u alert 24/7 even if ur laptop is shut down

shaf01:
What if I used a virtual server?

Well, you should be ok with a VPS, but your question was about running an EA/Indicator on your laptop.

Keith Watford:

Well, you should be ok with a VPS, but your question was about running an EA/Indicator on your laptop.

Yes I have a custom indicator which tells me when divergence is taking place and I have notifications set up for this, but I’m not getting these when the platform is shut on the laptop

Ernest Gyamfi:

Yes u have to always have ur mt4 running and since u can't keep ur laptop running 24/7, rent a VPS. It kind of clone ur laptop and gives u alert 24/7 even if ur laptop is shut down

Ok excellent that’s why I’ll have to do. Are there any videos to show how to set this up

shaf01:
Ok excellent that’s why I’ll have to do. Are there any videos to show how to set this up

Yh, click on VPS on the page and you'll have sample videos on how to rent an mql5 VPS

Reason: