Experts: No Nonsense Backtester - page 2

beardedquant:

Hi Karel

I think I understand why some are struggling to use your EA. The file links to an indicator extension rather than a EA extension (i.e., instead of .ex4 it is .mq4) I downloaded your code and created an EA in the editor and it works for me. I am fairly new to NNFX as well to metatrader so getting my grips around it. 

I just tested one confirmation indicator and so far your EA works well. Though when I tried with multiple pairs it did take a while not sure it is because I haven't downloaded the historical data. (which I didn't because I am not sure how to change the time frame into daily in the force downloader) 

Anyways, if I make any progress I will let you know. 

So far your EA looks promising. 

Thanks for all the efforts you have put in to create this. 

Appreciated.

Hi!

These file extensions can be used for inidcators and EA's both. .mq4 is just the source code without compiling, if you place this into Experts folder and run mt4, then it will automatically compile it to .ex4.

Glad you like it!

Kushank Sriraj:

Hi Karel

Thank you very much for the EA! 

As of now, I am backtesting a few indicators and your EA has been very helpful. It has reduced the time taken to backtest from 10 - 20 minutes to seconds. 

However, I have a few suggestions that would make this EA even better :

1) Put an Up or Down arrow on the chart where the long or short trade was taken

2) In the CSV file, instead of using ';' to separate values use ','

3) Also in the CSV file, instead of using 1 and 0 for the order type, use long and short.

Thanks again!!

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback, will change these in the future versions.

1352951:
Thank you Karel for your response. the link you gave me is not correct, though i have succeeded in installing NNfxEA, the folder nnfx and i have downloaded Force download. But am finding it difficult understanding others. can you please make another video with audio explanation, please.., and thank you as you do that. Thank you

Hi!

The videos have subtitles with explanation, please turn them on.

Vasileios Riganas:

Hi Karel,

Congrats you have made very good work. I 'm using this 10 days about and works perfect, but last two days it is very slow when I drag and

drop a new currency to the chart. Is anything esle I have to change? ty

OK.... it was my fault, I resolve this, sorry..

Hi!

Glad you like it!

Hi!

This is awesome stuff! I appreciate so much you've put the work in there. Is there an MT5 version by any chance?

Thank you

Stravelty Stravels:

Hi!

This is awesome stuff! I appreciate so much you've put the work in there. Is there an MT5 version by any chance?

Thank you

Hi! Right now there isn't, but I am making one. I will tell you when it's ready.

@Karel Nagel 

Please do so! Thanks again. Amazing work

Awesome job, only it does not seem to work or I'm doing something wrong. 

I'm using ASO for example. It's not setting trades on the crosses of the two lines. It's just putting trades randomly. 

First thing first, thank you for you work. Question: Can I add other files direction and/or indicator into your EA, and if yes, how do I do it.
Reason: