New MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 2340: Managing account settings in the Tester and expanded integration with Python - page 5

Dear MetaQuotes Software Corp.,

There is a huge bug with the MetaTrader 5 platform when the volatility arises.

The ask price can get stuck for a while and only unlocks after the market comes back to the price original price where it was locked.

It definitely comes from the server because I observed the same bug on different platforms and at different locations.

The video below clearly displays the bug:

https://streamable.com/v3xnm

Server: AMPGlobalUSA-Demo

BTW: it is not the first time I've seen this bug, but the last time I had no recordings to prove it.

Kind regards
Jürgen Rothstein
Bug MT5 2340 - Streamable
Bug MT5 2340 - Streamable
  • streamable.com
Check out this video on Streamable using your phone, tablet or desktop.

Dear MetaQuotes Software Corp.,

I downloaded the tick history, it clearly displays that the ask price was frozen and also that the bid price was above the ask price until the price came back which usually do not makes any sense.

I used the following code:

Server:  AMPGlobalUSA-Demo

void OnStart()
  {
//---
   MqlTick ticks_array[];

//---
   long start_time=D'2020.03.03 15:00:14',end_time=D'2020.03.03 15:07:15';

//---
   long start_time_msc=start_time*1000,end_time_msc=end_time*1000;

//---
   CopyTicksRange(_Symbol,ticks_array,COPY_TICKS_TRADE,start_time_msc,end_time_msc);

//---
   ArrayPrint(ticks_array);

//---
  }
Due to the long list of ticks, I placed the output in two files. The first one shows where it started to freeze and the second one displays where the ask price start to refresh again as it can be seen in the video I posted earlier (link).

Kind regards
Jürgen Rothstein
Files:

Sergey Golubev:

Problem with new Build 2340

diogoacordi, 2020.03.03 15:14

In the new build 2340 the strategy tester stopped deleting the .csv files before starting each new test as he always did before that last version.

I use .csv files to record reports as well as databases.

In Ontester() I call the ExpertRemove() function, which for this purpose was used to clear all variables, in addition to the saved ".csv" files, allowing me to use the Strategy Tester Optimizer without consuming with the available RAM memory, since the ExpertRemove() function also cleared all the information from the ".csv" files recorded for each test from the RAM memory. With this new build, this function no longer has that effect and the RAM memory increases to the limit of my machine, so in a few tests Metatrader as well as my computer crashes!

Another side effect is that now, in my reports that EA prints in the daily tab, past test values ​​have accumulated when I perform several tests, making analysis impossible and forcing me to manually delete files.

My question is: Is this a problem with this new build or is it a "feature" added? In the version news article you are not informed about this behavior.

I thank you in advance for anyone who can help me or send the "problem" to the devs.

Any information on this issue?