Can I Chart And Trade Synthetic Spreads/Pairs In MT5?

Tomhgriff1
Hi All,

I am a spread trader, so trade correlations between different markets, often simultaneously long and short correlated markets at the same time. 
Does MT5 offer the functionality to chart/backtest and auto trade such systems? 

An example of such a system would be buy 1 WTI Oil contract and Sell 1 Brent contract when x happens?

CQG offers this functionality but its pretty expensive so hoping MT5 does also.

Kind Regards
Tom
algodevtrader
algodevtrader  
Tomhgriff1:
Hi All,

I am a spread trader, so trade correlations between different markets, often simultaneously long and short correlated markets at the same time. 
Does MT5 offer the functionality to chart/backtest and auto trade such systems? 

An example of such a system would be buy 1 WTI Oil contract and Sell 1 Brent contract when x happens?

CQG offers this functionality but its pretty expensive so hoping MT5 does also.

Kind Regards
Tom

Hi Tomhgriff1

I do the same.  I use custom symbols (eg: WTI_BC = WTI/BC).  Then I just build EA's to apply my indicators to the spread and enter/exit 2 legs of the trade when I get my signals.  This works for anything correlated/cointegrated but you should apply multipliers to the ratios to bring the prices into alignment.  You can also use these custom symbols to backtest.  This is only for execution however.  I do all my analysis of markets externally with python and other market or alternative data sources.   Happy Trading.