Possible MetaTrader 4 bug on Windows: program freezes when enabling network connection

I wasn't having this problem before. It first happened yesterday after installing it two months ago. I was in the history center about to download data.

A malware would seem very unlikely as I only use the web browser for email, log into my forex broker and the occasional forex related search. I also block third party scripts and don't click on anything vaguely suspicious.

Also, window and toolbar configuration settings are not remembered and I'm always stuck in full screen with no toolbar and status bar when I start the program even if I save the correct configuration to the default profile.

kb4ski:
Also, window and toolbar configuration settings are not remembered and I'm always stuck in full screen with no toolbar and status bar when I start the program even if I save the correct configuration to the default profile.

Did you try pressing F11?

Seng Joo Thio:

Did you try pressing F11?

That did the trick. Thanks.

It's my indicator consuming too much resources. Enabling the network makes it run in real time and somehow it's too much work.

Fix your broken indicator. Likely it is computing all bars each tick.
          How to do your lookbacks correctly.
Reason: