What about my EA? I'd like your opinion.

Good evening,

I'd like your opinion.

I am a programmer. I have recently started using MQL4

I made an EA for a specific change and these are the results in the years 2018 and 2019.

I would like to know if it is a good result, what parameters are to be improved, and if this EA can have a commercial value.

Thank you very much

Files:
Test.gif  64 kb

Robertot1978:

Good evening,

I'd like your opinion.

I am a programmer. I have recently started using MQL4

I made an EA for a specific change and these are the results in the years 2018 and 2019.

I would like to know if it is a good result, what parameters are to be improved, and if this EA can have a commercial value.

Thank you very much

Hi 

You need to obtain much more trades to make sure there is a statiscal signifiance to your results ….

Best 

Hi, your test quality is n / a, so the results can be a pure lottery. Regards, Greg

Greg Pawlak :
Hi, your test quality is n / a, so the results can be a pure lottery. Regards, Greg

Oh, thanks a lot

What are the parameters that can improve the "test quality" ??

You need to test the EA for longer periods and on different forex pairs.
If your EA performs well only on a specific pair and in a particular past period the EA will never perform well in the future.

Fabio Cavalloni :
You need to test the EA for longer periods and on different forex pairs.
If your EA performs well only on a specific pair and in a particular past period the EA will never perform well in the future.

Ah OK. I understand.

Unfortunately in MT4 there are no long periods for the changes that interest me.

I also tried to download all the data (F2).

Are there other methods (or sites) for testing?

Ty

Robertot1978:

Ah OK. I understand.

Unfortunately in MT4 there are no long periods for the changes that interest me.

I also tried to download all the data (F2).

Are there other methods (or sites) for testing?

Ty

Download history data of all major and minor pairs, you need to test at least the last 2-3 years.

Almost each broker has historical data since 2007
Reason: