Guide on protecting oneself from big accounts when copying signals

I saw a really cool signal that I want to copy but I was afraid to do so right away because the equity on the account is 20x mine. Can someone provide me with a guide on how I can protect myself in case there are a string of losses? By the way, I want to use a VPS because I will not be on the laptop throughout the day watching every move.

Emekadavid:
I saw a really cool signal that I want to copy but I was afraid to do so right away because the equity on the account is 20x mine. Can someone provide me with a guide on how I can protect myself in case there are a string of losses? By the way, I want to use a VPS because I will not be on the laptop throughout the day watching every move.

When copying a signal through MQL5.com, the lot size is calculated automatically, based on your (and the signal providers') balance, currency and leverage.

So you don't have to worry about your smaller account, all will be done proportionally.

You can even lower your lot size, by decreasing the participation percentage in signals settings, from the 95% maximum.

Make sure you follow the instructions here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731

Eleni Anna Branou:

When copying a signal through MQL5.com, the lot size is calculated automatically, based on your (and the signal providers') balance, currency and leverage.

So you don't have to worry about your smaller account, all will be done proportionally.

You can even lower your lot size, by decreasing the participation percentage in signals settings, from the 95% maximum.

Make sure you follow the instructions here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731

That's the principles. In practice the OP is right to be worried as the rounding of % to be coped, the volume step and minimum size could increase his risk substantially.

Emekadavid:
What are the equities of both account (more or less) ? What is the traded volume on average ?
Reason: