Will EA be recognised by VPS post-install of VPS

I am a newbie trader who wants to use an EA. I installed a VPS on my terminal yesterday and intend to install an EA on Monday. My friend told me that I did it all wrong. That if I install the EA after the VPS the VPS might not recognize the EA and that I might have to reinstall the VPS after the EA. Is this true? I doubt it but I wanted to clear all doubts.

Emekadavid:
I am a newbie trader who wants to use an EA. I installed a VPS on my terminal yesterday and intend to install an EA on Monday. My friend told me that I did it all wrong. That if I install the EA after the VPS the VPS might not recognize the EA and that I might have to reinstall the VPS after the EA. Is this true? I doubt it but I wanted to clear all doubts.

I suggest you read thru the documentation how a VPS really work

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only $10 per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the platform...

Kenneth Parling:

I suggest you read thru the documentation how a VPS really work

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps

I have read it. That means it recognizes any signal or ea I subscribe to no matter when the subscription was done?

Emekadavid:
I have read it. That means it recognizes any signal or ea I subscribe to no matter when the subscription was done?
You can synchronize the VPS with your terminal at any time, it's good practise to do so regularly.
So if you add or remove anything on your terminal that will be reflected on the VPS when - and only when! - you sync...

Emekadavid:

As Andrew said, after each change in your EAs setup or settings (locally) you need to click the Auto Trading button and synchronize with your MQL5 VPS again, in order for those changes to take effect in the virtual server.

Eleni Anna Branou:

As Andrew said, after each change in your EAs setup or settings (locally) you need to click the Auto Trading button and synchronize with your MQL5 VPS again, in order for those changes to take effect in the virtual server.

This is the best advise I have received. Thanks for telling this. I have to synchronize with every change. Thanks.

I advise you to test your EA in the strategy tester over several years before launching it on your VPS server. Because most of EA are profitable only on trend phases.
Reason: