Buy or build?

Hi

I am new to MQL and have invested a lot of time to learn how to develop my own robot, refining as I go. But I see in the market place many robots are available - some free, some costly.

Which makes me wonder if with expertly developed products available already, it is better to buy rather than build... thoughts?

Advice appreciated!

R4tna C:

Hi

I am new to MQL and have invested a lot of time to learn how to develop my own robot, refining as I go. But I see in the market place many robots are available - some free, some costly.

Which makes me wonder if with expertly developed products available already, it is better to buy rather than build... thoughts?

Advice appreciated!

If you can't find what you think in the Market, you may very well have it built in Freelance.

R4tna C:

Hi

Advice appreciated!

As for me personally, I choose to build instead of bought. This is because, if I build it myself I will have a freedom to control on how the robot behave.

While the robot in the market were created for universal environment, the robot that I've build will be designed specifically for me and my environment.

I think, it is not wrong to build and learn, because when you have the knowledge, the limit is only your imagination.

Regards~

some consideration:
- time to  market, i.e. when you can use it.
- trust level, full control and/or understanding of trade strategy/logic
- customization/extensibility

and .... resell ;)

If you are new then I suggest looking at buying with more than 25 reviews with star rating over 4.5. Learn from it everything you can while trading.

Do this a couple times then look at building your own. Your chance of success will be much high, so will the time you spend vs the result you get. I learnt this lesson the hard way spending thousands of hours and dollars to develop from scratch years ago, when there are already successful strategies out there which you can get start with for $50. Then you improve from there.

Thank you all
Reason: