Number of positions of one symbol!

Hello

I have a confusion about number of the positions!
In the documents, it says that there is only one position for a symbol, however, I see more than one position in the terminal and can get same number using positionstotal() function.

Is the document outdated and things have changed in the new versions or is there something I haven't considered?

Kind regards

farzad741 :
Hello

In the documents, it says that there is only one position for a symbol, however, I see more than one position in the terminal and can get same number using positionstotal() function .

Is the document outdated and things have changed in the new versions or is there something I haven't considered?

Kind regards

There are two types of accounts in MetaTrader 5:  Netting System and Hedging System 

Vladimir Karputov:

There are two types of accounts in MetaTrader 5:  Netting System and Hedging System 

Thank you so much for the quick reply. in the book I have been studying, there wasn't any explanation of this!

farzad741 :
Thank you so much for the quick reply. in the book I have been studying, there wasn't any explanation of this!

The only book is documentation.

MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaQuotes Language 5 (MQL5) is a high-level language designed for developing technical indicators, trading robots and utility applications, which automate financial trading. MQL5 has been developed by MetaQuotes Software Corp. for their trading platform. The language syntax is very close to C++ enabling programmers to develop applications in...

farzad741:
Hello

In the documents, it says that there is only one position for a symbol, however, I see more than one position in the terminal and can get same number using positionstotal() function.

Kind regards

Dear farzad741

Check this code

Files:
1.mq5  1 kb
Reason: