Concept of grabbing news out of Metatrader 5 -> Can you Explain?

Hey/Dear MQL community,

I have to extract MetaQuotes historical Eventcalender into a CSV file (together with the dates of course).

How do i best grab every and i mean really every event there is (together with its nation, importance etc -> every information i can get about the event ).

I thought of  CalendarValueHistory(). Do i have to iterate over the returned array, or can i just run StrategyTester, to save the current event into an array, whenever it occours?

Or maybe you know a better approach for doing this. I appreciate your help :)

Bayne:

Hey/Dear MQL community,

I have to extract MetaQuotes historical Eventcalender into a CSV file (together with the dates of course).

How do i best grab every and i mean really every event there is (together with its nation, importance etc -> every information i can get about the event ).

I thought of  CalendarValueHistory(). Do i have to iterate over the returned array, or can i just run StrategyTester, to save the current event into an array, whenever it occours?

Or maybe you know a better approach for doing this. I appreciate your help :)

Calendar does not work in tester (at least not till build 2085). The documentation has examples scripts that would fit your needs or can be easily modified to. 

Reason: