Order Send if previous order is opened?

I am trying to work out the best way to say: if a certain ticket is opened, then open a new pending order. I am having trouble with order selects and finding tickets in previous functions so help would be much appreciated. 

I want to say : if ticket3 is open, OrderSend ticket4.

Many thanks!

bool res;
     res = OrderModify(ticket,price-0.0050,StopLossLevel,0,0,clrNONE);
     Alert ("ticket modified");

int ticket3;
        res =  ticket3 = OrderSend (Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT,lotsize1,StopLossLevel+0.0002,10,0,0,"LotLimit1",0,0,clrRed);

doctorbeppo:

I am trying to work out the best way to say: if a certain ticket is opened, then open a new pending order. I am having trouble with order selects and finding tickets in previous functions so help would be much appreciated. 

I want to say : if ticket3 is open, OrderSend ticket4.

Many thanks!

bool res = OrderModify(ticket,price-0.0050,StopLossLevel,0,0,clrNONE);
if(res)Alert ("ticket modified");

int ticket3 = OrderSend (Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT,lotsize1,StopLossLevel+0.0002,10,0,0,"LotLimit1",0,0,clrRed);
int ticket4;
if(ticket3>0)ticket4 = OrderSend (Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT,lotsize1,StopLossLevel+0.0002,10,0,0,"LotLimit1",0,0,clrRed);
if(ticket4>0)Alert ("ticket4 opened");

Mehrdad Jeddi:

Hi thanks again for your response, 

this is nearly it; however when you say: if(ticket3>0) .   ticket3 is a BuyLimit order. Ideally I only want to send ticket4 after the limit has been activated as a Buy and not if it stays as a limit. Perhaps something like if(ticket3 == open) but I am not sure what this would be?

if(OrderSelect(ticket3,SELECT_BY_TICKET) && OrderType()==OP_BUY)
     {
      //pending order 3 has triggered
      //insert code to open a new pending order
     }

Of course, you will have to include safeguards so that the new pending order is not opened again and again.

Keith Watford:

Of course, you will have to include safeguards so that the new pending order is not opened again and again.

I'm afraid this doesn't seem to work:&& OrderType()==OP_BUY)

ticket3 will be opened as a BuyLimit, so I don't think they OrderType will ever exist as OP_BUY. Rather, when the price falls back down to activate the BuyLimit so it then opens - ticket4 is opened. 

Is there a way to say: if order is now as Buy , without the ordertype being OP_BUY?

doctorbeppo:

I'm afraid this doesn't seem to work:&& OrderType()==OP_BUY)

ticket3 will be opened as a BuyLimit, so I don't think they OrderType will ever exist as OP_BUY. Rather, when the price falls back down to activate the BuyLimit so it then opens - ticket4 is opened. 

Is there a way to say: if order is now as Buy , without the ordertype being OP_BUY?

Suit yourself

Keith Watford:

Suit yourself

Do you know of a way to say only if the buylimit is opened and not just set as pending? Thanks

doctorbeppo:

Do you know of a way to say only if the buylimit is opened and not just set as pending? Thanks

I already told you

if(OrderSelect(ticket3,SELECT_BY_TICKET) && OrderType()==OP_BUY)

But you don't like my answer.

Keith Watford:

I already told you

But you don't like my answer.

Apologies, it's not that I don't like your answer, but when I use the code the ticket doesn't open, because the order type is not OP_BUY it is OP_BUYLIMIT. I think I might be unclear of what I would like. Ideally ticket3 would open as a BuyLimit. Only when the BuyLimit is opened does the 'if' function come into place, rather than the 'if' saying that the ordertype is already written as OP_BUY, if that makes sense? No worries if not I will continue to figure it out

doctorbeppo: because the order type is not OP_BUY it is OP_BUYLIMIT. I
It is buy limit only if the pending order has not opened. It is a buy once it does. Keith has answered you twice.

doctorbeppo:

Do not double post.

You have this thread open so why open another that is basically following on from this one?

The other topic has been deleted.

Reason: