I can't find my EA under MT5 Navigator's common tab

I made a test EA myself, I put it under install folder's expert folder.

But MT5 Navigator's common tab does not show it

Did I put it wrong place?

See Terminal Start:

Guest Mode

The distinction of the guest mode is the location of all its variable files separately from permanent ones. This mode is launched when the terminal is installed to a system folder (folder of OS, Program Files) in the following situations:

Below Microsoft Windows Vista:

• If a user's rights to write into system folders are limited.

Microsoft Windows Vista and higher:

• If a user's rights to write into system folders are limited;
  • If a user works with the enabled UAC (User Account Control) system.

Also the terminal runs in the guest mode if a user logs in the system using remote connection (RDP, Remote Desktop Protocol).

In the above described situations all the changeable terminal files are stored in the following directories (depending on the operating system used):

Microsoft Windows XP:

• C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\MetaQuotes\Terminal\instance_id\

Microsoft Windows Vista and higher:

• C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\instance_id\

Here "C" is the letter of a logical disk, where the operating system is installed, "username" is the account in the operating system, under which the terminal has been installed, and "instance_id" is the unique identifier generated based on the path to a catalog, where the terminal is installed.

A special command — "Open data folder Open data folder" located in the "File" menu is used for quickly accessing these folders.

• In the guest mode for each Windows account, the catalog for storing variable files will be different.
  • To force the terminal to start in the main mode, one should launch it from the command line with the /portable key.
  • The detailed description of the structure of the client terminal files can be found under the corresponding section.

So, in order to see my own EA, I have to run my mt5 in main mode, correct?

Why does mt5 comes up with two modes? It is not convenient as mt4.

I had a working EA, then edited it but there were compiler errors, and it disappeared from the Navigator.

My suggestion: check again if the EA compiles OK ... then restart MT5

Reason: