Auto-trading button

Dear All,

I have a question regarding the Auto-Trading Button, if i disable the Auto-Trading that means that the expert advisor

will not open more positions but what about the already open positions before disable auto-trading? Will they close automatically or continue to respect TP and SL levels?

Thank you.

Yes, They will continue to respect TP and SL. Remember SL and TP You can also set them manually.

Thanks for your help Mafuta !!!
Mafuta Landou:
Yes, They will continue to respect TP and SL. Remember SL and TP You can also set them manually.

Pedro Ramada:

Dear All,

I have a question regarding the Auto-Trading Button, if i disable the Auto-Trading that means that the expert advisor

will not open more positions but what about the already open positions before disable auto-trading? Will they close automatically or continue to respect TP and SL levels?

Thank you.

Already open orders will be left open and TP and SL levels will be 'respected' as long as they are 'hard' and already applied to open orders and not virtual.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Already open orders will be left open and TP and SL levels will be 'respected' as long as they are 'hard' and already applied to open orders and not virtual.

Eleni thanks for the help, what do you mean by "hard"?

Pedro Ramada:

'Hard' are the normal TP and SL levels applied on open(ed) orders, while virtual are the levels that are monitored by an EA and are executed as market orders when they are triggered.

Pedro Ramada:

When you send orders with stop loss or take profit (also an stop), brokers and markets record these values and they respect your stops. Sometimes Stop Orders (Buy Stop and Sell Stop), are not stored at the market, but at the broker or even your own terminal. Stop limit orders are stored at your broker or at your terminal. The only orders I know all markets do accpet are market and limit orders, with or withou stops.

Reason: