Export history to REAL xls or xlsx format, NOT csv

is this possible? i can only find script who export to csv files. i know that you can make scripts to export files with .xls ending but it won't be recognized as a real excel file at certain excel tasks.

@bosslife Greetings mate,

I don't know if this is what you need, but you can just click F2 in MT4 , click on the required symbol and period, and click on Export. Save it as "All files" and just add a ".xls" to the end of the name. It would be then downloaded as an Excel Sheet Workbook.

Best Regards,

Lord Odin

Lord Odin:

@bosslife Greetings mate,

I don't know if this is what you need, but you can just click F2 in MT4 , click on the required symbol and period, and click on Export. Save it as "All files" and just add a ".xls" to the end of the name. It would be then downloaded as an Excel Sheet Workbook.

Best Regards,

Lord Odin

thanks! but my question is about exporting from a script. should have mentioned it.

bosslife:

thanks! but my question is about exporting from a script. should have mentioned it.

I think it would be easier to export data as CSV and then create a Excel macro to load, process and save each CSV file.

Reason: