HEDGING : GOOD OR BAD? Share your Thought - page 2

Thecreator1:

I voted bad and i never hedge i just take some loss now and then that's ok you can't win em all, some claim you can do, but i'm doing fine :)

When my robot opens a trade and it looses some, then the next trade will be a bit smaller.

When my robot opens a trade and it win's, it wins more then the losses, and the next trade will be a bit larger.

Then there is only one outcome and there is no need to hedge.

Could not agree with you more. Anti-martingale is the only way to survive long-term. As to the hedging question, there may be situations where such an approach could be acceptable in order to protect some longer term positions. I'm thinking of market news reactions maybe..

Personally I don't use hedging and just take it trade by trade, with proper risk and money management. That's all I need. 

FOR ME I THINK THAT HEDGING IS GOOD. BUT BEFORE YOU HEDGE YOU MUST LOCATE M,ARKET THAT HAS MOVED TO EXTREME EXTREME SO WITH THAT YOU CAN MANAIPULATE YOUR LOT SIZE TO SUIT THE MOVE OF THE MARKET

Good if you know what you are doing. Bad if you don't know what you are doing.

ROMAN5:

Totally agree.

hedging in theory is nice, but when you have all those orders open and you don't have a really huge equity..mmm, not nice. also, i think it makes things more complex than what they really are, heck, isn't it better just absorb the loss of around 1 pip (spread + commissions) and move on to another trade, instead of put yourself in a maze of open orders? IMHO, YES

ROMAN5:

I'm agreed.

Hedging can be most useful once a person has done the research to understand it and how to work with it.

An Ea can be written to include hedging. and can be optimized and tested, similar to whatever other logic is in the ea. 

Blaiserboy:

Hedging can be most useful once a person has done the research to understand it and how to work with it.

An Ea can be written to include hedging. and can be optimized and tested, similar to whatever other logic is in the ea. 

I totally agree with you

Hedging is good WITHOUT Martingale!!

MetaBay:
Don't like he
Mummyz:

Well I think Hedging could also combined with martingale and also suite to just lock our trades..

And for me I think Hedging with martingale would also be fine as long as we know where we should do Hedge on some conditions happen for our trades.. :) 

Mummyz:

Well I think Hedging could also combined with martingale and also suite to just lock our trades..

And for me I think Hedging with martingale would also be fine as long as we know where we should do Hedge on some conditions happen for our trades.. :) 

well for me i have not used the hedge trading system because i feel is risky. i just love to use simple system
Reason: