If spread is 5 and I made 2 pips 30+ times daily. Is it worth doing?

Hi

Let say I found a way to make 2 pips (20 points) 30 times daily with my spread of 3-5 and 28-30 profit ratio. Example meaning 20pts - 5 spread = 15 profit but with many times a day. Is it worth keeping? Is my broker making more profit than me?

What do you think?

John Suka:

Hi

Let say I found a way to make 2 pips (20 points) 30 times daily with my spread of 3-5 and 28-30 profit ratio. Example meaning 20pts - 5 spread = 15 profit but with many times a day. Is it worth keeping? Is my broker making more profit than me?

What do you think?

Try it.

5 points spread means that you have a commission based account, so don't forget to count that as well.

John Suka:

Hi

What do you think?

sure, it is worth doing as long as you are profitable. anyway can you show us how you do it?

greenpipshunter:
sure, it is worth doing as long as you are profitable. anyway can you show us how you do it?
Rsi lower tf, get in get out. Stop on higher tf end time.

You can only tell once you experienced a drawdown if this strategy works out for you.

Say that on average your transaction cost eats up 50% of your gross profit. Then you would need twice as much wins as if you had traded without cost. With 75% cost you would need 4 times as much wins. With 25% it's still 1.33 times as much. You see the higher the cost percentage the more likely is the strategy will run against you.

lippmaje:

You can only tell once you experienced a drawdown if this strategy works out for you.

Say that on average your transaction cost eats up 50% of your gross profit. Then you would need twice as much wins as if you had traded without cost. With 75% cost you would need 4 times as much wins. With 25% it's still 1.33 times as much. You see the higher the cost percentage the more likely is the strategy will run against you.

Unless you have a fast ea to do it. Short sl short tp on fast volatility.

Open an account with fixed commission and spreads from zero. Your strategy would have a better chance. 

John Suka:
Unless you have a fast ea to do it. Short sl short tp on fast volatility.
So you judge the sharpness of a knife by the speed you can throw it.

As simple math says - yes.
Reason: