M1 data for only 2 months in MT4

Hi buddy, I got curious to know why MT4 M1 plot only has past two months data. How I can get access to the M1 data before 2 months?

novi:
Hi buddy, I got curious to know why MT4 M1 plot only has past two months data. How I can get access to the M1 data before 2 months?

First thing I'll check is go to Tools->Options->Charts, see what's the values for "Max bars in history" and "Max bars in chart" - start by setting them to the biggest possible integer, then restart your MT4, open the M1 chart, disable "chart scroll" (the little icon with a green triangle pointing right), and press page-up... see if your chart begins to add more history bars.

It'll stop adding more bars when it has reached the limit set by your broker, and if that is still not enough for you, you'll have to look elsewhere for other data sources.

Seng Joo Thio:

First thing I'll check is go to Tools->Options->Charts, see what's the values for "Max bars in history" and "Max bars in chart" - start by setting them to the biggest possible integer, then restart your MT4, open the M1 chart, disable "chart scroll" (the little icon with a green triangle pointing right), and press page-up... see if your chart begins to add more history bars.

It'll stop adding more bars when it has reached the limit set by your broker, and if that is still not enough for you, you'll have to look elsewhere for other data sources.thkn

what i see in my mt4 is once i change number of bar in history bar; then restart, then again see the same value in history bar.  btw, may i know where else i can find the history data?

novi:

what i see in my mt4 is once i change number of bar in history bar; then restart, then again see the same value in history bar.  btw, may i know where else i can find the history data?

That probably means your broker is limiting the data you get.

For more history bars, you can check out this website: https://www.tradingheroes.com/download-mt4-historical-data/ - just found it via google :).

How to Download Metatrader 4 Historical Data
How to Download Metatrader 4 Historical Data
  • Hugh Kimura
  • www.tradingheroes.com
When looking at your MT4 charts, sometimes you are only seeing a small part of the complete historical MT4 data. …and that can cause problems. This doesn't matter so much on lower time frames, but when you are looking at the weekly charts, not having all of the available historical Forex charts data can mean that you are missing important...

If you don't have any history, here's how you can get all available from your broker.
Reason: