How to add moving average to RSI in MT4?

How can i add two indicators together in MT4 together, like adding moving average to RSI?

Bilalkhan19:
How can i add two indicators together in MT4 together, like adding moving average to RSI?

using iMAOnArray

Isn´t there a way to click it in?

@Maye Moreno #: Isn´t there a way to click it in?

Please search before you post ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Indicator on Indicator

Fernando Carreiro, 2016.09.19 18:58

That can already be done in MetaTrader without coding an extra Indicator.

Just add the RSI to a chart, then add a Moving Average to the RSI's sub-window and in the "Apply to:" field, choose "Previous Indicator's data" or "First Indicator's data" depending on how much layering you do.

The moving average indicator does not have inherit scale

Fernando Carreiro, 2023.06.20 19:18

This is however a trick you can use:

1. Create a sub-window by adding an RSI for example.
  2. Add a moving average to it of Type: SMA, Period:1, Price: Close, Style Colour: none
  3. Delete the RSI from the sub window
  4. Add a new moving average (any parameters) and choose Apply to: First indicator's Data
  5. Add another new moving average and choose again Apply to: First indicator's Data 

You now have two visible moving averages and one hidden one, all with the same scale.

Sell at top and Buy at bottom Rsi indicator

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.04.05 15:01

It works completely fine on my MT4. Simply attach the built-in "Relative Strength Index" to your chart and then attach the build in "Moving Average" to your RSI window and choose "First indicator's Data" for the "Apply to" setting. Keep adding "Moving Average" with "First indicator's Data" with the different period settings for the remaining EMAs.

Reason: