Discussion of article "Studying candlestick analysis techniques (part IV): Updates and additions to the application"

New article Studying candlestick analysis techniques (part IV): Updates and additions to the application has been published:

The article presents a new version of the Pattern Analyzer application. This version provides bug fixes and new features, as well as the revised user interface. Comments and suggestions from previous article were taken into account when developing the new version. The resulting application is described in this article.

The user interface is an important part of any application: a well prepared interface structure makes the application use more efficient. We will compare the new application look with the previous one. Let's start with the Analysis tab: why did it need improvements.

Fig.1 Interface of the Analyze tab in the previous version

Point 1. Tab arrangement and dimensions.

In Fig.1, tabs marked by 1 are located in the upper part of the window. The upper right part here is empty and is not used, however the part is not enough to add more tabs. The text font is too small. These three tabs have been moved to the left part of the window: they are now arranged vertically and are more visible. Moreover, there is additional space to add more sections.

Point 2. Tables with pattern testing results.

The visual data presentation is not very efficient. Therefore, the font, the row height and the table size have been increased for better readability.

Point 3. Current timeframe selection.

The selection structure 'Timeframe -> Result' for all patterns limits the visual display of testing results. To improve this, we will develop a multi-timeframe selection option, as well as an individual selection of analyzed patterns. This will allow a more flexible customization of operation with patterns. 

Point 4. Sampling range.

The idea implemented in the previous version was to test in the range from the current data to a certain number of candlesticks in history. A more specific selection from one date to another was not available. Therefore the range selection method will be revised. Fig.2 below features the solution of all the above mentioned issues and possible improvements.

Author: Alexander Fedosov

Dear Alexander, this is a beautiful pattern analysis tool! Thank you for sharing. I would love to give it a look but I am not able to start it.

I placed the archive content under MQL5 folder and compiled the PatternAnalyzer.mq5 with no errors.

Now, how do I start it? I tried to attach it to a EURUSD/D1 chart but it suddenly exits with error:  "Experts initializing of PatternAnalyzer (EURUSD,Daily) failed with code 1"

I've been able to start it in the Strategy Tester: the UI draws on the chart foreground but it doesn't seem to be usable (the buttons and combos are not clickable) as the mouse seems to act on the background chart.

I am using MT5 V5 build 2380. Any clue?

Thanks, Joe

Joe Baron:

Dear Alexander, this is a beautiful pattern analysis tool! Thank you for sharing. I would love to give it a look but I am not able to start it.

I placed the archive content under MQL5 folder and compiled the PatternAnalyzer.mq5 with no errors.

Now, how do I start it? I tried to attach it to a EURUSD/D1 chart but it suddenly exits with error:  "Experts initializing of PatternAnalyzer (EURUSD,Daily) failed with code 1"

I've been able to start it in the Strategy Tester: the UI draws on the chart foreground but it doesn't seem to be usable (the buttons and combos are not clickable) as the mouse seems to act on the background chart.

I am using MT5 V5 build 2380. Any clue?

Thanks, Joe

Hi, Check this version

<ex5 file deleted>

Alexander Fedosov:

Hi, Check this version

Dear Alexander, this one works like a charm!

Is there any chance to get the source code? I would really like to dive into it, understand the logic you've implemented and try to learn as much as possible on this practice (MT5 Programs development). I am a newbie.

In any case, let me thank you and wish you the best.

Joe

Joe Baron:

Dear Alexander, this one works like a charm!

Is there any chance to get the source code? I would really like to dive into it, understand the logic you've implemented and try to learn as much as possible on this practice (MT5 Programs development). I am a newbie.

In any case, let me thank you and wish you the best.

Joe

The article has all the sources. Study them.

Alexander Fedosov:

The article has all the sources. Study them.

OK sounds right.. I was just curious to understand why that one was failing to run.

I tried to debug it and found it exits with error while drawing one of the several buttons.. I wonder why!

In any case, thank you again!

Best

Joe

Dear Alexander,

I can not run your version... When i tried close quickly the windows. I use the debugg mode and i can run if i remove the procedure about "Combobox" (include calendar), i don't understand the GUI FastandEasy run with another EA... Can you help me to solve this problem ? 

what is on your code in "program" ou "mainwindow" create this cancel ? 

Best Regards.

Patoche90 #:

Dear Alexander,

I can not run your version... When i tried close quickly the windows. I use the debugg mode and i can run if i remove the procedure about "Combobox" (include calendar), i don't understand the GUI FastandEasy run with another EA... Can you help me to solve this problem ? 

what is on your code in "program" ou "mainwindow" create this cancel ? 

Best Regards.

Normal version

Files:

Alexander Fedosov #:

Normal version

Thank for your reponse.

But i don't understand why the program close the windows, and my skill is not enough to understand quickly where is a mistake, a help from you will be great. 

best Regards.

Reason: