MQL4 cannot optimise in 1-min, 5-min and 15-min timeframe

Hi,

Anyone encounter this problem before? The system cannot optimise the EA in a lower timeframe. It can optimise at 1-hour time frame for the very same EA. However, if I did not do any optimisation in a lower time frame, the backtest is able to come back with some results. When I optimise at lower time frame (1-min, 5-min and 15-min), the results will be zero trade.

What is the problem with MT4?

Thanks in advance.

kentaicm: What is the problem with MT4?

Do you even have history for those timeframes?

William Roeder:

Do you even have history for those timeframes?

Hi William,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to check if there is any history? If I am not using the optimisation on the same EA, there will be a result. It can be plus or minus. However, if I optimise some of the input, it can come back with zero in the optimisation result. I find it strange. I looked at the journal of the Tester, it says TestGenerator: unmatch data error

At the same time, I did not set skip useless data to see what is the problem as well. Ended up a lot of zero trades in the optimisation. Do you encounter such error before?

Just to add, if I am using optimisation the strategy using 5-min chart of a FX instrument, everything is correct. However, if I use it in stock indices, no result at all.

Thank you.

Ken

Reason: