MQL4, EA how to load Indicator template I saved on computer to the chart? so that I don't need to load it every time manually.

MQL4, EA how to load Indicator template I saved on computer to the chart? so that I don't need to load it every time manually.

thanks a lot

zeeyeetee:

thanks a lot

Have you tried this?

https://docs.mql4.com/chart_operations/chartapplytemplate

ChartApplyTemplate - Chart Operations - MQL4 Reference
ChartApplyTemplate - Chart Operations - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com
Applies a specific template from a specified file to the chart. The command is added to chart message queue and executed only after all previous commands have been processed. The Expert Advisor will be unloaded and will not be able to continue operating in case of successful loading of a new template to the chart it is attached to. Live Trading...

zeeyeetee: MQL4, EA how to load Indicator template I saved on computer to the chart? so that I don't need to load it every time manually.

Applying a template, changes a chart's settings. Once changed you are done. You don't load it ever again. There is no "every time."

You do have Tools → Options (Control-O) → Server → Keep personal settings at startup checked?

William Roeder:

Applying a template, changes a chart's settings. Once changed you are done. You don't load it ever again. There is no "every time."

You do have Tools → Options (Control-O) → Server → Keep personal settings at startup checked?

HI, William Thanks for your reply, when I say "every time", it means every time I run the EA. I did put the code in the  OnInit().

Yes, "Keep personal settings at startup checked?"  checked.

but nothing changed

Reason: