formula understanding

can anyone solve the formual from below code in excel sheet. i want to understand the mathematical formula and how it generates signal.

#property indicator_chart_window
#property indicator_buffers 2
#property indicator_color1 Red
#property indicator_width1 2
#property indicator_color2 Lime
#property indicator_width2 2
extern int SignalGap = 4;
int dist=24;
double b1[];
double b2[];
int init()  {
   SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_ARROW,STYLE_SOLID,1);
   SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_ARROW,STYLE_SOLID,1);
   SetIndexArrow(1,233);
   SetIndexArrow(0,234);
   SetIndexBuffer(0,b1);
   SetIndexBuffer(1,b2);
   return(0);
}

int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();
   int k,i,j,limit,hhb,llb;

if (counted_bars<0) return(-1);
   if (counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;
   limit=Bars-1;
   if(counted_bars>=1) limit=Bars-counted_bars-1;
   if (limit<0) limit=0;
   for (i=limit;i>=0;i--)   {
      hhb = Highest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,dist,i-dist/2);
      llb = Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,dist,i-dist/2);
      if (i==hhb)
         b1[i]=High[hhb]+SignalGap*Point;
      if (i==llb)
         b2[i]=Low[llb]-SignalGap*Point;
   }
   return(0);
}

This indicator looks for the highest high and the lowest low of dist/2 bars in the past and dist/2 bars in the future, respective to the bar being processed. It places a red arrow above such highest highs and a lime arrow below such lowest lows. Super Signals by Nick Bilak. It lags 12 bars showing you where a good entry would have been but doesn't compute anything predictive. Say, if it pops up a sell arrow at the actual bar it just tells you hey, it's the highest high of the past 12 bars, wanna go short? But if the next bar goes higher it will place such a sell arrow again, and then again if the price is trending. Reopen the chart and poof - all those previous/false sell arrows will be gone.

it show the high and low in 24 bars, it's repaint. insignificance.

lippmaje:
This indicator looks for the highest high and the lowest low of dist/2 bars in the past and dist/2 bars in the future, respective to the bar being processed. It places a red arrow above such highest highs and a lime arrow below such lowest lows. Super Signals by Nick Bilak. It lags 12 bars showing you where a good entry would have been but doesn't compute anything predictive. Say, if it pops up a sell arrow at the actual bar it just tells you hey, it's the highest high of the past 12 bars, wanna go short? But if the next bar goes higher it will place such a sell arrow again, and then again if the price is trending. Reopen the chart and poof - all those previous/false sell arrows will be gone.

is it a reliable indicator

how to solve it mathemically..

6712812:

is it a reliable indicator

how to solve it mathemically..

1. It shows you that dist/2 bars ago was where you should have gotten in (highest high/lowest low over dist bars.) Very reliable. Very useless for trading, you can't enter after the fact.

2. There is no math behind it. Useless for trading.

3. Don't double post!
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum

whroeder1:
  1. It shows you that dist/2 bars ago was where you should have gotten in (highest high/lowest low over dist bars.) Very reliable. Very useless for trading, you can't enter after the fact.

2. There is no math behind it. Useless for trading.

3. Don't double post!
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum

CAN U PLEASE EXPLAIN THE MEANING OF YELLOW HIGHLIGHTED AREA

for (R=0,i=SH;i<SH+10;i++) {R+=(10+SH-i)*(High[i]-Low[i]);} R/=55;

6712812: CAN U PLEASE EXPLAIN THE MEANING OF YELLOW HIGHLIGHTED AREA

No I can't, because that code isn't in the original posted code #1.

whroeder1:
No I can't, because that code isn't in the original posted code #1.

this statement is from beginners alert indicator code,,if u allow me to paste the code i can share it with u...

i think the above statement calculates the Range in some way...

(R=0,i=SH;i<SH+10;i++) ... what is the meaning of it and this same thing is used in this formula and how this works in it R+=(10+SH-i)*(High[i]-Low[i]);} R/=55;

6712812:

this statement is from beginners alert indicator code,,if u allow me to paste the code i can share it with u...

i think the above statement calculates the Range in some way...

(R=0,i=SH;i<SH+10;i++) ... what is the meaning of it and this same thing is used in this formula and how this works in it R+=(10+SH-i)*(High[i]-Low[i]);} R/=55;

if this is not the original code than where i can find the original source code

lippmaje:

WHAT IS i-DIST/2,, IT SUBTRACTS DIST/2 FROM i ... 

my understanding is that it subtracts the dist/2 from highest or lowest value .. 

Reason: