Withdrawing some of the balance results in the resizing and partially closing of trades

Today when I withdrew some balance to another account I notices all the open trades were partially closed (via signal provider). These were trades with a 0.21 lotsize and then they were closed with a 0.08 lotsize and what remained was 0.13 lots of that trade. Is this normal behaviour for a hedging account?

Jaap:

Today when I withdrew some balance to another account I notices all the open trades were partially closed (via signal provider). These were trades with a 0.21 lotsize and then they were closed with a 0.08 lotsize and what remained was 0.13 lots of that trade. Is this normal behaviour for a hedging account?

By withdrawing money from your account, you reduced the copying ratio between your and signal's account.

That resulted in a partial closure of your copied positions, in order to reflect the new copying (lower) copying ratio.

Eleni Anna Branou:

By withdrawing money from your account, you reduced the copying ratio between your and signal's account.

That resulted in a partial closure of your copied positions, in order to reflect the new copying (lower) copying ratio.

I thought this was only possible with a netting account and not with a hedging account?

Jaap:
I thought this was only possible with a netting account and not with a hedging account?

This has nothing to do with the type of account.

When you are reducing your account's balance, you can't copy the signal with the same lot size.

Eleni Anna Branou:

This has nothing to do with the type of account.

When you are reducing your account's balance, you can't copy the signal with the same lot size.
Can anyone close an open trade partially from within metatrader? If I have 1 lot open, can I close 0.5 lot and let the remaining 0.5 running or is this feature only available through signals?

Jaap:
Can anyone close an open trade partially from within metatrader? If I have 1 lot open, can I close 0.5 lot and let the remaining 0.5 running or is this feature only available through signals?

Yes, you can (double click on the order and close only the lot size you want), but the signal copying system will re-open the position upon synchronization.

So, if you want to interfere with signal's copied position, you should Suspend the signal subscription first here: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/subscriptions

Reason: